ticket prices for semi- final

For me its simple, as a teacher, I cant justify going there on a sunday and getting back at a ridiculous time, waking up hungover and having to teach, think i would be fired lol. Plus its a semi, it costs a lot for a game that doesnt end with a trophy being lifted. At the same time, if it was on the saturday I would be there as ive only been able to get to wembley once before so I would love to be able to go but sometimes city cant always come first.
Just do what i'll do. Plan something simple for the Monday morning they can be getting on with while you sit drinking lots of water. Same again for the Friday after the derby

didnt say anything was wrong with it, just stating a fact, everton and sunderland would fill their allocation easily, for whatever reason we have become apathetic has a fan base, when you recall when we got to the play off final against wigan at maine road, or the day we won promotion at blackburn, it seemed despite getting smaller crowds we were more up for it, or even further back at villa park against Ipswich, in the past we would have dreamt of playing at wembley, now it appears for whatever reason huge parts of our support are not that bothered.

everton and sunderland dont get to finals pretty much every year though, or have champions league games. after a few years they would be exactly the same as us. huge numbers of our support are bothered, but its a very expensive day out. I'm gonna bet we will be close to selling out, 33,000 is near enough maine road capacity i.e. our core support. i can't understand why you are criticizing our fans.

im gonna bet swell we will be twice as loud and passionate as those arsenal fans

Last edited:
It went to phone sales in 1999 so you could not queue on the final day of sale, and it was a lottery who got through.

Is my memory playing tricks on me - i thought Wembley 99 had one day of sale..? I got in the queue at 3am and got my ticket 11am. Sure that was "day one" and that the last people got theirs that evening. Maybe i'm just old and sleep deprived?!

Logic says don't go to this one, as if you lose you miss out on a long disappointed journey home, however if you win there is another more important Wembley trip a month later.

However if thinking logically going to Brighton or QPR in the league cup on a Tuesday night would not happen either.

Is my memory playing tricks on me - i thought Wembley 99 had one day of sale..? I got in the queue at 3am and got my ticket 11am. Sure that was "day one" and that the last people got theirs that evening. Maybe i'm just old and sleep deprived?!

Season tickets first day, members second, then a few days later on sale to people with 2 stubs via phone I think.

Whilst there was a day like that, I remember going down to Maine Road a day or two later when they put a batch on sale to anyone with 4/5 ticket stubs. I picked up a couple for mates that way. I seem to remember they made the announcement and I was down at Maine Road in my lunch hour I think. It was busy but the queues were only maybe minutes and people were passing around ticket stubs.

You might be getting mixed up when we got scum in the fa cup we queued up at 2am for that but can't remember queuing all night for 99 one

Whilst there was a day like that, I remember going down to Maine Road a day or two later when they put a batch on sale to anyone with 4/5 ticket stubs. I picked up a couple for mates that way. I seem to remember they made the announcement and I was down at Maine Road in my lunch hour I think. It was busy but the queues were only maybe minutes and people were passing around ticket stubs.

ah right, i just remember the main sales day for season tickets, didn't realise (though i guess i must've done at the time!) it had more days.

The 2 of us are going to the semi, always done the wembley trips - tell ourselves of all the years we;dve died to get to see city at wembley it feels wrong to not go now... but.. i wish we hadn#'t booked the romo and the train and the match, it comes to £250 and i got stuck paying for both us us (well, she is 74!), but my partners car died last week and got told today it 3000 to fix it, or look at new used ones at 5000. fuck. With a 6 month old baby we need a car really and we're totally skint. To say i'm getting bad evil looks off my other half for floating off to wembley for 2 days next weekend leaving him in charge of our son.. understatement of the year! First time my son has been without me in his whole life (well apart from the 3 matches ive made it to since his birth, but other than those few hours ive been with him 24/7), i feel so guilty, i wish it was all refundable, i thought i could cope emotionally about being away from him for 2 days but i think i'll cry the whole time :(

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.