ticket prices for semi- final

cyber. Oh do stop moaning. You have previously said you don't go anymore so your constant drivel against the club isn't worth reading.

Start going and support or else do be quiet.
Cant see that just stating facts is classed as moaning.i am vocal in my praise for what the new owners have done for the club and so chuffed that the new generation of fans will have a team and a stadium to be proud of for many years to come .but i am not on my own on here who dont like the direction the club are taking on certain issue's. Bury your head in the sand if you like but many on here wont .my support and praise for City is as strong as it was when i first went in the 1960s
If you dont like my "drivle" dont read it

But why has it come to this Bill ? What has happend to the passionate fanatical fans of yesteryear? Many have been driven out of the Etihad either by rising prices or disalusament at the way as fans they have been treated and /or took for granted .every week on Bluemoon more and more fans are voicing a negative attitude towards the club .You like me Bill probably know loyal fans who have thrown in the towel and stopped going.i recently watch a home game in a pub in Prestwich it was packed with lads who only a couple of years earlier would have been at the game .while the new owners have done many great things there biggest mistake which will have an ever lasting legacy is to drive a wedge between them and loyal longstanding fans .

Fans "throwing in the towel" isnt a recent thing. There's a constant churn of the match going fanbase. The match going fanbase in 1990 would have been hugely different to that of 1970. Those fans who have followed the club continuously for 20, 30, 40 years are a relatively small band. Lots of fans go through a phase: huge enthusiasm when they first start going continuing into their teens and 20's; a decline in interest when marriage, kids and career take over; a rekindling later on when the kids and career are sorted.

At any point in time there will always be a swathe of fans whose interest is declining. Usually they'll find something connected with the club to explain that disaffection (Bloody Swales! was mine). But really its just life.

Fans "throwing in the towel" isnt a recent thing. There's a constant churn of the match going fanbase. The match going fanbase in 1990 would have been hugely different to that of 1970. Those fans who have followed the club continuously for 20, 30, 40 years are a relatively small band. Lots of fans go through a phase: huge enthusiasm when they first start going continuing into their teens and 20's; a decline in interest when marriage, kids and career take over; a rekindling later on when the kids and career are sorted.

At any point in time there will always be a swathe of fans whose interest is declining. Usually they'll find something connected with the club to explain that disaffection (Bloody Swales! was mine). But really its just life.
Thave you have hit the nail on the head .there are so many more distractions and alternatives than back in the day .also people who have took morgages out in the last few years will prioitise paying that back .i would love to see heavily discounted match day tickets at one or two games per season to give fans that are struggling financaly the chance to go and keep there intrest alive .am pleased they do discounted tickets for some cup games

Besides the offical allocation i am sure City fans will be getting tickets from other sources as over 20.000 tickets went to none Arsenal and City fans .whether we sell out or not the fans that will be there will do themselves and the club proud

Is my memory playing tricks on me - i thought Wembley 99 had one day of sale..? I got in the queue at 3am and got my ticket 11am. Sure that was "day one" and that the last people got theirs that evening. Maybe i'm just old and sleep deprived?!

There as an 8 hr queue on one of the days. My dad was in it

Might sound odd but the City of today doesn't feel like the City of yesteryear, it feels a bit too manufactured to me to be perfectly honest, the ideal for me would be to climb up the league pretty much the same as Tottenham are doing (And i fucking hate their fans since 1981) with a patience and astute buying and selling and giving young players a chance.With City now its just a case of throwing shit loads of money at it, it will personally change for me when i see youth players make it, a couple of Mancunians in the team will give us back a bit more identity-to be fair to Pep hes said the exact same thing.Would have been great to have our own identity instead of the Barca Lite model, we seemed to have more of our own identity when it was Cook and Marwood running the show than we do now-a strong English influenced dressing room for one.

Kids should be queuing up to see City, its a bit worrying seeing empty seats at the ground most home games, a better aggressive pricing policy with cheap ST prices in big numbers would have been groundbreaking in this country and given us the club for the people tag, we are missing a big big opportunity in embracing new supporters on our doorstep.

Probably take pelters off some on here for the above points but Im definitely not the only City fan who thinks this way-I go through sense of loyalty and love for the club these days-the football is great but its not the same City !

Might sound odd but the City of today doesn't feel like the City of yesteryear, it feels a bit too manufactured to me to be perfectly honest, the ideal for me would be to climb up the league pretty much the same as Tottenham are doing (And i fucking hate their fans since 1981) with a patience and astute buying and selling and giving young players a chance.With City now its just a case of throwing shit loads of money at it, it will personally change for me when i see youth players make it, a couple of Mancunians in the team will give us back a bit more identity-to be fair to Pep hes said the exact same thing.Would have been great to have our own identity instead of the Barca Lite model, we seemed to have more of our own identity when it was Cook and Marwood running the show than we do now-a strong English influenced dressing room for one.

Kids should be queuing up to see City, its a bit worrying seeing empty seats at the ground most home games, a better aggressive pricing policy with cheap ST prices in big numbers would have been groundbreaking in this country and given us the club for the people tag, we are missing a big big opportunity in embracing new supporters on our doorstep.

Probably take pelters off some on here for the above points but Im definitely not the only City fan who thinks this way-I go through sense of loyalty and love for the club these days-the football is great but its not the same City !
Thank God it's not the same City. Past few years have been a brilliant ride. A bit too manufactured. You mean the way our owners bought Aguero and Toure instead of Pollock and Badbuy. Sheik Mansour's money is just as good as Roman or Chrysler money. About time it was our turn.

Thank God it's not the same City. Past few years have been a brilliant ride. A bit too manufactured. You mean the way our owners bought Aguero and Toure instead of Pollock and Badbuy. Sheik Mansour's money is just as good as Roman or Chrysler money. About time it was our turn.

Youre carrying on like City have always been shit and that's juts bollocks, the 70's sides were very good sides, we were getting there under the likes of Mcneill and Kendall and for different reasons they left and the rest is history

Quoting Pollock and Badbuy are cheap shots , youre showing you age there in one sentence Marvin because you cant remember City before that period, yes it is nice that its our turn-whatever that fucking means but City had a much stronger identity before the money turned up, yes its great that we are winning trophys but i will tell you something Marvin half of today's match going fans would disappear up their own arses if it was all taken away from us, we watch great football but that's about it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.