ticket prices for semi- final

You might be getting mixed up when we got scum in the fa cup we queued up at 2am for that but can't remember queuing all night for 99 one

nah we did, we got there between 3 and 4am, and the queue went into the north stand at the old windy corner and we sat in the corridor in there til the ticket office opened at 9, then slowly got moved along til getting served 11am.

I remember queueing the day of the cup final. Picked up 10 tickets as the five of us had the required 5 tickets stubs and as we had already paid to become season ticket holders, for next year, were entitled to another ticket each. From memory got there about 8:15 and collected the tickets around 8:30 at night.

Like some have said you cannot compare the two. My first time at Wembley at 33 years of age and a winner takes all match. This on the scale of importance is miles behind.

Is my memory playing tricks on me - i thought Wembley 99 had one day of sale..? I got in the queue at 3am and got my ticket 11am. Sure that was "day one" and that the last people got theirs that evening. Maybe i'm just old and sleep deprived?!

Saturday (day one) was the day of the mammoth queues. I joined the queue at 12-30pm and got served at quarter to midnight, how the TO managed to be so slow processing the sales is beyond me, they had all the available windows open selling tickets.

nah we did, we got there between 3 and 4am, and the queue went into the north stand at the old windy corner and we sat in the corridor in there til the ticket office opened at 9, then slowly got moved along til getting served 11am.
In 96 sounds very familiar scum at theirs we went out in town got pissed queued up from 2ish there was all ready about 100 there tickets office opened at 9 got tickets about 10 and I think it was a wed because we went to the konti club (Tuesday night nurse's)

I'll be there but I can understand blues not going, I know loads of blues who aren't going cos it's only a semi,and then have no chance of a ticket for the final,so if they have to watch the final on TV, so they might as well watch the semi on TV too.
What they should do now is put everyone in the hat and draw out names of who went to the semi final,to me that's fairer than platinum members or gold members passing on the semi,but will go to the final.

Bloody hell Bill, where are you staying? The Savoy?!! Or is that price for the whole family? Either way I feel your pain. I'm lucky cos for me Wembley's a cheap day out. A tenner in tube fares and another £30 for the match. The pay off is travelling in the opposite direction though. I part company with roughly £100 for every home game. Like you I'm hardly on my uppers either, but it's a crippling expense and midweekers are a complete no-no these days unless it's in Europe or a derby game. Difficult to let go though when you've done it all your life, eh?!
Hi John yes it's for the family.just totting up scared me lol.

And now we know why we have tourists. We need them. Either they buy the tickets or seats are left empty. Remember that next season when they are scattered around at London games in particular. If we don't buy tickets somebody else will. The club for their part have no choice.

But why has it come to this Bill ? What has happend to the passionate fanatical fans of yesteryear? Many have been driven out of the Etihad either by rising prices or disalusament at the way as fans they have been treated and /or took for granted .every week on Bluemoon more and more fans are voicing a negative attitude towards the club .You like me Bill probably know loyal fans who have thrown in the towel and stopped going.i recently watch a home game in a pub in Prestwich it was packed with lads who only a couple of years earlier would have been at the game .while the new owners have done many great things there biggest mistake which will have an ever lasting legacy is to drive a wedge between them and loyal longstanding fans .

cyber. Oh do stop moaning. You have previously said you don't go anymore so your constant drivel against the club isn't worth reading.

Start going and support or else do be quiet.

I'll be there but I can understand blues not going, I know loads of blues who aren't going cos it's only a semi,and then have no chance of a ticket for the final,so if they have to watch the final on TV, so they might as well watch the semi on TV too.
What they should do now is put everyone in the hat and draw out names of who went to the semi final,to me that's fairer than platinum members or gold members passing on the semi,but will go to the final.

The allocation for the final, has been increased in the last couple of years, nearer 29000, as opposed to 25500, not brilliant, but better

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.