ticket prices for semi- final

But why has it come to this Bill ? What has happend to the passionate fanatical fans of yesteryear? Many have been driven out of the Etihad either by rising prices or disalusament at the way as fans they have been treated and /or took for granted .every week on Bluemoon more and more fans are voicing a negative attitude towards the club .You like me Bill probably know loyal fans who have thrown in the towel and stopped going.i recently watch a home game in a pub in Prestwich it was packed with lads who only a couple of years earlier would have been at the game .while the new owners have done many great things there biggest mistake which will have an ever lasting legacy is to drive a wedge between them and loyal longstanding fans .
This idea that it was all so different back then, just isn't right. 1948, 1977 and 1978 are the only 3 years this club averaged over 40 000 in a season, prior to 2004. In 1968, whilst winning the league, we had home attendances ranging from 22000 to 63000. What happened to the other 41000? Last 2 home games, going for the title, only 70000 turned up across both games! The only reason it might have been better then, than it is now, is that many of us were a lot younger!

ffs.half the fuckers on here will be buying yellow and green scarves soon. What we have at this point in out history is awesome.

quoting the spuds and saying that's what we want, come on . They haven't won fuck all for ever!

Some just moan for moaning sake and don't even go.

I'm going to wemberley and supporting my club, what you doing, moaner?

This idea that it was all so different back then, just isn't right. 1948, 1977 and 1978 are the only 3 years this club averaged over 40 000 in a season, prior to 2004. In 1968, whilst winning the league, we had home attendances ranging from 22000 to 63000. What happened to the other 41000? Last 2 home games, going for the title, only 70000 turned up across both games! The only reason it might have been better then, than it is now, is that many of us were a lot younger!
Whether I am happy or not depends on whether we won or lost. There was a time when mounted police, dogs and stewards were a permanent fixture outside the maine rd entrance. I remember those days very well. Wasn't sure whether I loved or hated City at that time.

We have done great to atract so many fans to the Etihad .Capacity at the end at Maine road was around 35.000 so now we have another 20.000 for nearly every home league game which is great .we are playing in a brilliant stadium .world class players playing at time brilliant football .in the future i should imagine the attendences wont dip and will certainly increase if we extend again

That's because Swales was announcing the attendances and swindling the tax man

That's because Swales was announcing the attendances and swindling the tax man

He probably did but the attendances didn't half fluctuate. I remember 71/72 when we should have won the league. 63,000 for the derby, 52,000 for Rodney March's debut, a couple of attendances around 40,000 but most between 30-35,000. Even in those days we were getting stick from the press for "empty terraces", when we were top of the league but only getting 35,000.

If I remember rightly we played home games on two consecutive days in the title run-in in 1968 - Good Friday and Easter Saturday. Not helpful for attracting big crowds to both

ffs.half the fuckers on here will be buying yellow and green scarves soon. What we have at this point in out history is awesome.

quoting the spuds and saying that's what we want, come on . They haven't won fuck all for ever!

Some just moan for moaning sake and don't even go.

I'm going to wemberley and supporting my club, what you doing, moaner?

I'm going, I am going to have a great day out and hopefully cheer my team on to a semi final victory. I will also still be acknowledging that we have underperformed this season. Surprisingly you can be positive for the future, supportive of the team on a match day and criticise us when its due. Crazy isn't it.

I'm going, I am going to have a great day out and hopefully cheer my team on to a semi final victory. I will also still be acknowledging that we have underperformed this season. Surprisingly you can be positive for the future, supportive of the team on a match day and criticise us when its due. Crazy isn't it.

Spot on. At the game be a fan, encourage the team, make a noise. Save the angst and the tactical discussions for this forum.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.