ticket prices for semi- final

What difference will that make? No one under about 14k on cup scheme will have done all cup games through loyalty points and they will more than likely be eligible on the first day anyway. The problem with this tie is city took ages to drop down to cityzen members, what was the point in dropping from 4500 to 3500 points When we still had 15k tickets left?

The problem with this tie is not enough people can be arsed and won't admit it.

That's the top and bottom of it. We had 100,000/150,000 plus fans at the parade when we won the league. 70,000 or more of them don't want to go for whatever reason. I'm sure cost is the reason for some but not that many.

If I was guaranteed a ticket for the final by going to the semi I would go no problem. My view is why bother going to a semi when I have got no chance of getting a final ticket. I don't mind those with more points getting them. It is all the hangers on, past players,family of past players , supporters clubs etc etc that will go to the final but cannot be arsed going to the semi that I have an issue with

Interesting that when treble-seeking United beat Arsenal in the 1999 FA Cup Semi Final Replay at Villa Park,the attendance was only 30,000.(City got 26,000 against Luton the same evening for a fairly meaningless 3rd tier encounter)

Now we’re worried that City won’t sell 30,000 tickets.

Not me!

If I was guaranteed a ticket for the final by going to the semi I would go no problem. My view is why bother going to a semi when I have got no chance of getting a final ticket. I don't mind those with more points getting them. It is all the hangers on, past players,family of past players , supporters clubs etc etc that will go to the final but cannot be arsed going to the semi that I have an issue with
It's a strange logic mate, as you like me will obviously not have enough points to watch us at for instance the swamp, would that stop you going to any away league game?

Mate I am in my 40s and I very much doubt we would have sold 33k tickets for our third semi in 6 years in addition to 4 finals at Wembley also. What made the interest, in addition to the Cup being a bigger deal, was the fact we never got a sniff of winning it. I saw some pretty depressing crowds in cup matches during those periods.

Yeah but if we have 50,000 season ticket holders who show up at Eastlands every week then we only need 67% of them to buy tickets to sell out our allocation. For most of the 80s and 90s we averaged around 30k yet we'd have sold out a semi or a final no problem.

And would two FA Cup finals in 6 years, one of them a losing one, really dampen fans enthusiasm for winning the cup to such an extent that semis are not worth going to now especially with it being our only chance of silverware (hate that phrase) this season ?

I think the reason lies in the fact that the 20,0000 or so extra season ticket holders we've gained are either raised on the idea that the PL and CL are everything or they see City as a form of entertainment rather than a lifelong passion and as such wouldn't travel 200 miles for 90 minutes of entertainment.

Yeah but if we have 50,000 season ticket holders who show up at Eastlands every week then we only need 67% of them to buy tickets to sell out our allocation. For most of the 80s and 90s we averaged around 30k yet we'd have sold out a semi or a final no problem.

And would two FA Cup finals in 6 years, one of them a losing one, really dampen fans enthusiasm for winning the cup to such an extent that semis are not worth going to now especially with it being our only chance of silverware (hate that phrase) this season ?

I think the reason lies in the fact that the 20,0000 or so extra season ticket holders we've gained are either raised on the idea that the PL and CL are everything or they see City as a form of entertainment rather than a lifelong passion and as such wouldn't travel 200 miles for 90 minutes of entertainment.
We don't have 50 thousand season ticket holders i'm afraid mate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.