ticket prices for semi- final

I was thinking along similar lines after watching some of the video clips, recently posted on Bluemoon.

The traditional hardcore City fanbase has definitely aged, from the mass teenage invasion of Elland Road in 77, to the Morrissey wannabes at the 5-1 in 89 and the late thirty somethings on the pitch at Ewood Park in 2000.

That demographic has now reached its early 50s, and priorities have changed. “Other lads will come to take our place”, but it’s a different world, and they’ll struggle for tickets when loyalty is judged by a self perpetuating points scheme.

Nowadays, it’s virtually impossible for a gang of 15 year old to suddenly decide on a Friday night that they’re going to catch an early morning train to watch City at Tottenham. (which my gang did in the late 70s)

A hobby is supposed to be healthier than an obsession, but football is the exception that proves the rule. Watching City has now become an expensive hobby, and I suspect that many of us preferred the days when our numbers were restricted to obsessives.

However, I’m not quite ready for the knackers yard, and I’ll be there next Sunday.
Yeh that's a good post.
As for the younger fans who can't get tickets they should look at Boro away. Sluggish sales so if they really want to watch city there it is.

Yeh that's a good post.
As for the younger fans who can't get tickets they should look at Boro away. Sluggish sales so if they really want to watch city there it is.

No, you’re suggesting how they can select an unfashionable game, (and increase their loyalty points), which is the answer to a completely different question.

I’m referring to the cost of an awayday which for a gang of 15 year olds has virtually ceased to exist. Eventually the Premier League (not just City) will pay the price.

Yeh that's a good post.

I think social mentality plays a big part too.
Kids seem to have far less freedom. I'm 37, at 16 my olds were happy to let me take 2 weeks in Magaluf with no questions asked. 18 of us went.
Half the kids I inow now aren't allowed to cross the fucking road at 16.

Let alone the expense, take Wembley, if you were a kid, it's a ton if you get a ticket and th train. That's a lot of pot washing for a kid to do.

Football to me now seems a little bit of a fashion accessory, not just watching but playing to.
In my teens through to late 20's I played and watched as much as I could. I actually preferred the shit night games away at places like Oakwell.
Young lads these days, certainly from areas where kids have the required till to attend games are far more interested in status check ins than a day out in Middlesboro.
I just don't think the kids are coming through in big enough numbers to take up the slack for people like myself, who have sometimes got bigger fish to fry. Especially with the increase in games and obviously cost.

I used to do 30+ games a season, I'm now down to a season ticket, 5 aways and a few CL's a season.
My tickets are always used, but by my mates. The lads in a similar boat who once went every game but can't.

Just had a look and selected 8 seats together and it offered 12 blocks where that was an option. Expecting a lot of empty seats. Think it's sad and to be honest a bit embarrassing.

Just had a look and selected 8 seats together and it offered 12 blocks where that was an option. Expecting a lot of empty seats. Think it's sad and to be honest a bit embarrassing.
If there's an embarrassment to be had its by Arsenal, that hav'nt sold out & they're from the place .

I'll never be embarrassed by City's support , if there's 25,000 there I think it's a tremendous turn out, be closer to 30,000 me thinks .Well done those that are going it'll be a great wk end & match .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.