Ticket Prices

I took my 7 year old lad on Saturday in the family stand, he enjoyed it and asked if we can go again this weekend. I had a look yesterday, £70 for us both in there.
I deferred my season card for a few reasons but I also planned on taking him to a few games to see how he gets on. If he enjoys going then I'd consider getting him a season card too (hopefully).
Unfortunately £70 isn't doable for us at the moment so I'll just wait and see if any come up on here.

We'll get stick from other fans no doubt, but Spurs didn't sell out their game against us, Arsenal didn't sell out their game against Chelsea. I suspect every ground in the country will have more empty seats this season than pre-pandemic. I know lots of clubs are struggling, but I don't know why they collectively set an upper price of, say, £40 as a goodwill gesture. Matchday tickets are a drop in the ocean compared to other cash flows.

I can’t complain about my own seat, works out at less than £20 a game. I do, however, have relatives who go to a few games a year and I’m absolutely astonished at the prices they quote.

Surely tickets could be sold off cheap if still available 3 hours before kickoff? I’m sure loads of local fans would go if they could get a ticket for £20.

I can’t complain about my own seat, works out at less than £20 a game. I do, however, have relatives who go to a few games a year and I’m absolutely astonished at the prices they quote.

Surely tickets could be sold off cheap if still available 3 hours before kickoff? I’m sure loads of local fans would go if they could get a ticket for £20.
How would those committing to 19 games and paying an avg £40+ each feel about that?

The way I look at it my £790 ticket breaks down into roughly this based on opposition attractiveness:

Rags £75
Dips/Chavs/Tarqs £60 (£180)
5 x decent others £45 (£225)
10 x remainders £31 (£310)

£65 for Arsenal for a match ticket where I sit, so it seems about right to me. Personally I'd include a money off voucher to use against one of the lesser teams or a cup fixture, something like that.

How would those committing to 19 games and paying an avg £40+ each feel about that?

The way I look at it my £790 ticket breaks down into roughly this based on opposition attractiveness:

Rags £75
Dips/Chavs/Tarqs £60 (£180)
5 x decent others £45 (£225)
10 x remainders £31 (£310)

£65 for Arsenal for a match ticket where I sit, so it seems about right to me. Personally I'd include a money off voucher to use against one of the lesser teams or a cup fixture, something like that.

In my instance I pay £20 a game. I’d rather the empty seat next to me was occupied. If the fan paid £5 I wouldn’t give a monkey’s. It’s the luck of the draw.

Those empty seats will usually be bought for big games anyway and if not it almost certainly will be purchased by different people.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.