Ticket Prices

Seems like a good idea in theory, but in reality many families in and around Manchester cannot afford 1200 quid for a holiday nevermind a season ticket. And £100 a game per family when the cost of living is rising. Some may pay if money isn't a problem but some parents struggle to feed their kids.

Ticket prices are too expensive for plenty of non attending blues, sadly. And the club need to lower prices accordingly in order to fill the stadium, but they most probably won't.

The figures are just from thin air, but I would argue say a grand for four season tickets as a family is pretty decent going?

If you bought two adult and two children in South Stand level two where I sit, that would save about £800.

There are a few solutions that the club could introduce that wouldn’t cost too much in revenue. Cityzen’s match day members that have over a certain amount of loyalty points get a £10 discount rather than the current £5.
Syphon off a proportion of 2000 tickets per game for local supporters at cheaper rates, £20 per game perhaps but as with value gold you simply get allocated a seat.
And for fucks sake City sort the kids prices out!!!

But the ground is full. Every league game. What city are doing is pricing the match-day tickets so high that they drag every Penny of value.

I don't think City fans have really grasped that football is a billion Pound business and that your support is monetised along with everything else. We know that instinctively and then we get these daft comments that City could make more money if they did it another way, or they should prioritise fans rather than business. This neglects the obvious. City know their business better than we do, and it is a business not a fan owned football club.

It is not Manchester City's business to take into account the budgets of their supporters. What they do is an empirical task of taking the seats that are available after season tickets, corporates and away fans and maximise the revenue that it's possible to earn from those few thousand tickets.

You may not like it. But that is what they do. And they are more or less spot on every single game because all the games sell out or as near as damn it on the day. I would say they are quite brilliant at it. You're not supposed to like it. It's called capitalism.

Full my arse, Marvin.

There are at least between 5k- 8k empty seats for most games outside of the traditional big games.

Rows upon rows in some cases.

The seats may be rmpty but they are usually sold and can't be resold unless put on the exchange or transferred to friends.

And that's the premise of the argument, season tickets not needing to be resold or exchanged because they represent much better value for money than buying on a per match basis.

If I'm already £200 up, I'm not going to be bothered about taking £40 hits against Brighton or Burnley at home on a Wednesday night, there is less motivation to recoup for those who might be able to afford it.

There is a fundamental problem at City that isn't really replicated anywhere else other than Arsenal, people can afford to leave their seat vacant.

Perhaps there is an economic correlation?

Arsenal fans pay the highest prices and the majority still afford it, the higher cost of living.

City fans pay some of the lowest prices and they also can afford to leave it empty.

But I’ll repeat, it’s £9 for kids at Anfield. It’s £41 for kids for the City v Chelsea game.

My uncle sits in a similar seat at Old Trafford to mine at the Etihad. His seat was £750 ten years ago and it’s £750 now. My seat was £520 ten years ago and it’s £830 now.
If I were in charge I'd reduce the number of kids season tickets and replace them with adult and child match tickets
If they were one off tickets It would encourage attendance and it opens up the opportunity for more kids to get to a game

And that's the premise of the argument, season tickets not needing to be resold or exchanged because they represent much better value for money than buying on a per match basis.

If I'm already £200 up, I'm not going to be bothered about taking £40 hits against Brighton or Burnley at home on a Wednesday night, there is less motivation to recoup for those who might be able to afford it.

There is a fundamental problem at City that isn't really replicated anywhere else other than Arsenal, people can afford to leave their seat vacant.

Perhaps there is an economic correlation?

Arsenal fans pay the highest prices and the majority still afford it, the higher cost of living.

City fans pay some of the lowest prices and they also can afford to leave it empty.
I can't afford to leave my seat empty .....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.