Ticket Prices

OK, it’s ESL3, Block 308.
And it’s against Chelsea.
But come on, £93 for an Adult and an under 18. £93! (It will be £100 next season)

Chelsea should have sold out by now.

8-B5274-D7-0293-4997-9-FD7-A04-E20-DDEA1-B.jpg

It’s unfair to point the finger as we don’t know who’s giving the final OK for these expensive ticket prices. It could be Khaldoon? It’s probably Soriano? But whoever it is, they’re taking the piss out of City fans.

We’ve discussed season ticket and ticket prices on here for years.
And rightly criticised and praised the club about various ticket prices depending on the cup competition, opponents, days, and times of the games. But the general consensus amongst City fans is ticket prices are still too expensive.

Employees of the club read Bluemoon. And I mean Directors and Managers. They know our feelings and grievances about expensive ticket prices. But they aren’t listening, bar the games where they have to offer cheap tickets to fill the ground as much as they can, such as certain CL group stage games, Carabao Cup games, and FA Cup games.(Fulham)

When the next City Matters meeting takes place I would like the City Matters Reps to discuss the on-going high ticket prices with the club.
Absolute fucking disgrace.

The club are making a big mistake as there will be tons of kids who’s parents are priced out from taking them.

We need the next generation to get on board and support City for us to overtake the Rags in the long term.

The club seem more arsed about making a quick buck and a profit now than ensuring this happens.

Ahem, unfortunately it's actually £106 for an Adult and a Nipper.

In comparison, as I sit in the same block, my ST works out at approx £36 a game, which I know you'll say the price difference is crazy, but this is the discount for committing to watch City at every home game, come rain, shine, snow and shit kick off times. Never mind the cup schemes I also pay for. It also gets increased (apart from last year) above inflation each year.

If City started knocking out tickets at £40, who would want to be a ST holder when I can pick and choose what games I attend and save hundreds a year?

Football has changed, it's no longer the sport it used to be for working class blokes on a Sat afternoon, it's now global entertainment. You're effectively paying for 2 hrs of entertainment and actually seeing it in person, plus enduring the pre-match build up in City Sq too.

If you wanted to get 2 seats to watch the Foo Fighters at OT Cricket Ground this Summer it would cost £93.50 a ticket for top notch entertainment. Value is all relative. And this is a top of the table clash.

I'd love nothing more for Khaldoon to subsidise all ticket purchases as I agree, overall prices are getting crazy, perhaps a 'refund' into your ST account after each attended game and then lower ticket prices for members wanting to attend the odd game and we definitely need price tiering so that tickets for Burnley, Watford etc are much cheaper.

Reading the forums today thought, with Fulham in the FA Cup coming up, there should be a chance for cheaper tickets for Adults and Nippers, yet the moaning on here about being drawn against Fulham is unbelievable. I'm hoping the Club prices the game low and we fill the stadium.

reason for most getting a season ticket is convenience.
No fuckin about each week.

concerts like the foo fighters are one offs so you pay a premium.
You wouldnt go and watch them 19 times a year would you. Poor comparison

Prices are clearly too high if there are still tickets left for chelsea.
if they were cheap enough we’d fill it every week. And we’d be building the extension

i love out owners but there is a slight sour taste that if they can squeeze an extra tenner out of us , they will

The club have been ripping off fans for years. Football should be £30 for adults £20 for kids for all games - not any of this category nonsense. Similarly season tickets should be £500 in all sectors no matter where you sit. The club would guarantee a full house every week and can therefore guarantee £28m per season from gate receipts. Considering last season we got fuck all from gate receipts it’s not too bad. The club don’t need to make any more than that from gate receipts. If you factor in £28m onto all other income streams then the club will still be amongst the top ten of earners in world football.
Maybe we could then extend the stadium!

Looks like there are about 300 left - there are always a few as people put tickets on the exchange in the week before the game. As near as dammit a sell out. Which no doubt justifies the prices in the eyes of those responsible for maximising income

The club have been ripping off fans for years. Football should be £30 for adults £20 for kids for all games - not any of this category nonsense. Similarly season tickets should be £500 in all sectors no matter where you sit. The club would guarantee a full house every week and can therefore guarantee £28m per season from gate receipts. Considering last season we got fuck all from gate receipts it’s not too bad. The club don’t need to make any more than that from gate receipts. If you factor in £28m onto all other income streams then the club will still be amongst the top ten of earners in world football.
Maybe we could then extend the stadium!
Full house = more spent in the bars etc too

Comes to something when I am having to consider taking my season ticket back up next season after deferment simply due to affordability.

Covid has killed my cash flow, but buying tickets on an individual basis for 50 per cent of the games for me and my lad so far has already been brutal.

Thing is, I have no interest anymore in attending midweek games or Sundays against the dross of this league, the transport hurdles which already exist in so many cases.

Had my eyes opened as to why people buy season tickets and then there are still so many empty seats. It is cheaper not to attend.

The Club at the very least, should make the entire North Stand a set price of say £30 a ticket and £15 for kids, with no season tickets in there whatsoever, available for match by match basis only.

Last edited:
reason for most getting a season ticket is convenience.
No fuckin about each week.

concerts like the foo fighters are one offs so you pay a premium.
You wouldnt go and watch them 19 times a year would you. Poor comparison

if they were cheap enough we’d fill it every week. And we’d be building the extension

i love out owners but there is a slight sour taste that if they can squeeze an extra tenner out of us , they will
There are hardly any seats left. It's the same every game. They are priced to get the max revenue. If they sold out a week before KO, City would think they haven't charged enough.

City know they could have 60,000 crowds if they want but I assume they don't want to pay for the ground expansion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.