Ticket Pricing for Inter (H)

As well as excessive pricing from the Club, the Inter game may have marked the return of the “Points whores” on an industrial scale. Many thousands buying onto the Cup Scheme and reselling their tickets. Presumably, wanting to make sure they get tickets for the semi finals and finals.

I realise they there are many fans who miss the first CL group game because of holidays, shift working etc. Travel to games can also be expensive and time consuming, of course.

Football fans should be way more united when it comes to this but we're all way too tribal trying to point score on each other.

Even in our own support, there seems to be a genuine split between fans who feel really flat about being priced out of an exciting time & those who are so grateful to our owners they believe they have the right to charge whatever they like. Usually these folk are alright jack types who feel they can afford it and it doesn't matter, despite not obviously seeing the club are pulling up the ladder on young kids and families who don't have a prayer in paying these prices.

Then you have the nerve of media types to start commentating on the atmosphere. It's unbelievable these clowns can't spot the correlation between pricing a certain football fan out of going to the game and the negative impact that has on the atmosphere.
Has anyone suggested they give up cigs ?

Used to be a regular bit of advice on here that years ago! Give up Cigs and booze so you can go and watch City! Even though most people who can’t afford to go probably don’t smoke!

They don't want fans like you and me anymore pal, they want people who are gonna spend a load on tat in the club shop, buy a matchday program, and have a meal in the ground!

I have sympathy with you lot though mate, I know how long you've waited for this moment and to see them take the piss like they have done is really sad.
It's so wrong, IIRC our first game in the champions league against Napoli was only £15 Adults and £5 for U18s (correct me if I'm wrong) but it was peanuts compared to what's being charged nowadays

They are classed as ‘premium’ seats? City have to allocate a number of what UEFA refer to as ‘premium’ seats. These are in East & Colin Bell stand. It’s ridiculous, what happens if we play a club with hooliganism problems?
I believe it's 250 seats and to be described as "Premium" they have to be on the side of the pitch, between the two penalty areas. I think we only do this in the Colin Bell stand. UEFA partner seats in the East Stand are not for fans of the away team, but that doesn't mean they don't get their hands on them.
This has been the case for at least ten years, but some fans have been slow to notice.
I was told the allocation often goes to club officials and players' families, and could have been why they were seen as soft targets when West Ham played somewhere in Holland a couple of years back. Alkmaar, perhaps.

I believe it's 250 seats and to be described as "Premium" they have to be on the side of the pitch, between the two penalty areas. I think we only do this in the Colin Bell stand. UEFA partner seats in the East Stand are not for fans of the away team, but that doesn't mean they don't get their hands on them.
This has been the case for at least ten years, but some fans have been slow to notice.
I was told the allocation often goes to club officials and players' families, and could have been why they were seen as soft targets when West Ham played somewhere in Holland a couple of years back. Alkmaar, perhaps.
UEFA definitely have ‘Premium’ sears in East Stand. They describe it as ‘Champions Club’. I sit in East Stand and there’s always away fans there. They must be easy to obtain.

As well as excessive pricing from the Club, the Inter game may have marked the return of the “Points whores” on an industrial scale. Many thousands buying onto the Cup Scheme and reselling their tickets. Presumably, wanting to make sure they get tickets for the semi finals and finals.

I realise they there are many fans who miss the first CL group game because of holidays, shift working etc. Travel to games can also be expensive and time consuming, of course.
Points whores lol.

Will the club buy back tickets for any cup games like they do for league games or is the demand for cup games not high enough for the club to be interested in looking for extra profit?

Points whores lol.

Will the club buy back tickets for any cup games like they do for league games or is the demand for cup games not high enough for the club to be interested in looking for extra profit?

The club don't give you the opportunity to resell cup tickets to put on the ticket exchange system. I have no idea why not.

Points whores lol.

Ticket Exchange has never been available for cup games.
I suspect it's down to the ticketing IT not being sophisticated enough to be able to deal with it. The software can be set up in advance to pay you 1/19 of the cost of your season ticket for any PL game but it probably can't cope with the varying prices of tickets for cup games.

Points whores lol.

Just don’t join the Cup Schemes if you are looking to sell your tickets back to the Club. I guess you would want to keep your ticket points too lol!

Anyway, Watford should be a sell out because the tickets are much cheaper.

Ticket Exchange has never been available for cup games.
I suspect it's down to the ticketing IT not being sophisticated enough to be able to deal with it. The software can be set up in advance to pay you 1/19 of the cost of your season ticket for any PL game but it probably can't cope with the varying prices of tickets for cup games.
Good point about the possible IT issues with pricing.

That may indeed be why the club won’t buy back and resell cup game tickets.

Folk can still transfer cup game tickets to friends and family on the Ticket Exchange but of course no financial dealings are required to do this.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.