Ticketing Compliance Manager - Man City

This should be good....
1894 just posted this on Facebook

PREMIER LEAGUE TICKET SURVEY

We’ve been asked by the FSA to collate views of City fans about our club’s current ticketing policy. Rather apt on the day we draw Real Madrid again, we can only hope the club have learnt from the fiasco last season & also if they want a wall of noise, not to overprice it so that we get a passionate crowd in.

This report goes to the FSA then the Premier League directly. They want to know about ticketing issues at all clubs (Spurs have been high profile this week for throwing their elderly fans under the bus on ticket prices).

The questions are all listed and could we have your answers by the end of the weekend please.

For example, City are appointing a ticket compliance officer now, supposedly to target touts (if that’s the case just arrest people outside the ground) but our concern here is that it’s actually another motive, monitor who is passing on tickets to friends and family at face value instead of selling back to the club, where it will then be sold on a package to anybody at a higher price. Is that not ticket touting? We are already seeing supporters being hassled in south lower especially around 114/115 a line of stewards, all useless like the keystone cops, checking people’s tickets 3 or 4 times to check their seat number and who knows in the future - asking for ID (this has already happened in the East Stand for supporters over the age of 14).

When a season ticket is not renewed currently that ticket then goes into the general sale pot. Just so the club can charge more. This inevitably means a different person sat next to you each game which ultimately means a quieter ground as we become a collection of individuals.

The price of everything… and the value of nothing.

Some fans will also argue that the prices the club charges still represents good value to watch the best tea in the world.

But are we being treated well ?

Let’s have your thoughts.
Just a couple of quick thoughts:
A) Who are the FSA? (Apologies for my ignorance)
B) If, as I suspect, SA stands for Supporters Association, is it not the Official Supporters Club that they should be asking who can then ask all the registered supporters as not everyone is involved with 1894? (I know not everyone is an OSC member but I assume more than 1894. Or will 1894 coordinate with OSC?)
C) and this is the most important one really. ;-) Why and who would be letting the club charge them for watching tea grow even if it is the best tea in the world?

Sorry @I’m not really here I couldn’t resist the last one. Mea culpa. :-)

It's a bit late notice sending this out the day before the game imo. And the tone of the email is quite accusatory.

It's a bit late notice sending this out the day before the game imo. And the tone of the email is quite accusatory.

It’s about the third game running they’ve sent it to concessions.

You’d like to think common sense will prevail. If a 14 or 15 year old who is clearly a child doesn’t have ID, I’d like to think they’d give them a friendly warning to bring some next time. If they ask them at all.

If you’re a big hairy 16/17 year old who looks older, I don’t think it’s asking too much to bring a photo of some ID proving it.

It’s about the third game running they’ve sent it to concessions.

You’d like to think common sense will prevail. If a 14 or 15 year old who is clearly a child doesn’t have ID, I’d like to think they’d give them a friendly warning to bring some next time. If they ask them at all.

If you’re a big hairy 16/17 year old who looks older, I don’t think it’s asking too much to bring a photo of some ID proving it.
People I know have been getting into the Family Stand on kids tickets for years. For example, a 60 year old woman getting in on a season ticket of a girl who is now 20 :) Wouldn't be too difficult to spot I'd imagine.

People I know have been getting into the Family Stand on kids tickets for years. For example, a 60 year old woman getting in on a season ticket of a girl who is now 20 :) Wouldn't be too difficult to spot I'd imagine.

They never even had the lights switched on at my entrance for years.

I’ve stopped it now but I had two junior tickets on the cup schemes that I don’t think were ever used by a child for a Euro game for about three years.

Never once stopped or questioned.

Looks like the party’s over now though.

They never even had the lights switched on at my entrance for years.

I’ve stopped it now but I had two junior tickets on the cup schemes that I don’t think were ever used by a child for a Euro game for about three years.

Never once stopped or questioned.

Looks like the party’s over now though.
Brings back memories of Maine Road in the early 70s. I, along with loads of others, used the junior entrances to the Kippax up until the age of 19 or so. It stopped when they put a copper at the turnstile :)

The biggest touts are the club!

Where’s Kevin Parker and the official supporters club on this? I think we’re in desperate need of a proper supporters trust as clearly our fans don’t have a voice

Amongst many questions he or she will be asked, what does BOGOF stand for?

Where’s Kevin Parker and the official supporters club on this? I think we’re in desperate need of a proper supporters trust as clearly our fans don’t have a voice
Correct.
How the f*ck do they get away with charging you £300/£400 PER TICKET for off site hospitalty?

£50.00 for your meal (if that)
Make your own way to ground
£60.00 Ticket up on the 3rd tier
=£110.00

I would expect….
Travel
One night hotel
Seat near pitch with the above

Sir Kevin Parker can’t do much other than agree if the role is a genuine effort to tackle ticket touting. Time will tell.

I’m sceptical like many Bluemooners about who the Ticket Compliance Manager might target.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.