Ticketless at Blackburn

At full capacity, the ground holds about 31000. I didn't say we would completely sell out ever game. However last season we had 14000 season ticket holders and even though we were fighting relegation, (just as you were for a while last season), we have now increased season ticket holders by 5000. How many other teams have had a increase like that in these credit crunch times?

Rovers1995 said:
At full capacity, the ground holds about 31000. I didn't say we would completely sell out ever game. However last season we had 14000 season ticket holders and even though we were fighting relegation, (just as you were for a while last season), we have now increased season ticket holders by 5000. How many other teams have had a increase like that in these credit crunch times?

Manchester City

Rovers1995 said:

us.

Rovers1995 said:
Is that from reducing season ticket prices? Good figures, but a little surprising as I didn't think Rovers fans were too keen on Allardyce. Have you seen anything of your new strikers in pre-season? Will they start ahead of McCarthy? Any injury news?

From City, it seems that we have a few niggles eg Toure, Bellamy, Johnson and Onouha, and Santa Cruz has been ruled out. Sounds like Tevez maybe on the bench.

To be fair alot of your new season ticket holders, will be glory hunters. How many would have bought a season ticket honestly, hand on heart if you didn't have millions of pounds and world class players? (Teves, Toure, Adebayor)

Marvin said:
Is that from reducing season ticket prices? Good figures, but a little surprising as I didn't think Rovers fans were too keen on Allardyce. Have you seen anything of your new strikers in pre-season? Will they start ahead of McCarthy? Any injury news?

From City, it seems that we have a few niggles eg Toure, Bellamy, Johnson and Onouha, and Santa Cruz has been ruled out. Sounds like Tevez maybe on the bench.

We've seen Franco Di Santo in pre season, and Nikola Kalinic has just got a work permit today. Di Santo looks very good he's only played in 2 friendlies for us and he hasn't scored, but looks a very good talent. I think it will possibly be McCarthy and Di Santo who start the game with Roberts and Kalinic to come off the bench. We have Dunn and Grella out with niggles, Emerton and Reid out for a few more weeks, Nelsen out with knee ligament damage and Samba/Gallagher out with hamstring injuries. So a lot of injuries yes, we will be expected to lose by quite a few I think, but I think a suprise might be in store.

Rovers1995 said:
Marvin said:

We've seen Franco Di Santo in pre season, and Nikola Kalinic has just got a work permit today. Di Santo looks very good he's only played in 2 friendlies for us and he hasn't scored, but looks a very good talent. I think it will possibly be McCarthy and Di Santo who start the game with Roberts and Kalinic to come off the bench. We have Dunn and Grella out with niggles, Emerton and Reid out for a few more weeks, Nelsen out with knee ligament damage and Samba/Gallagher out with hamstring injuries. So a lot of injuries yes, we will be expected to lose by quite a few I think, but I think a suprise might be in store.
I've yet to see City beat Rovers at Ewood Pk so I'd be happy with a point.

I'm looking for City to win most of their home games, and draw away, and then when the team gets used to each other, maybe step it up at the end of the season.

I expect City to play a lot of good football, but the question is will there be any end-product. That's been our problem in pre-season. Plenty of great passing and movement, but not enough attempts on goal, and then we concede soft goals. Good time to play City I think. Before the team gels. Too many new signings for all to go smoothly from KO.

M.C.F.C.O.K said:
Rovers1995 said:

Manchester City

TOLD !

Rovers1995 said:
To be fair alot of your new season ticket holders, will be glory hunters. How many would have bought a season ticket honestly, hand on heart if you didn't have millions of pounds and world class players? (Teves, Toure, Adebayor)

Dont be daft we sold 36,000(the full amount of season tickets we sell) under keegan when the ground was packed every week, a few thou gave up when we had pearce and 10 home goals all season, still averaged 42k though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.