Tickets home - Real Madrid - Sold out

Seat selection seems to be working now as well as Quick Seats - glad I waited to get ones I wanted instead of the less than ideal ones I was being offered!

Madness. Logged on today at 9.00 to be met by frozen screen business. Phoned and was 232 in queue. By 10 I was down to 63, but had a meeting about potential redundancies with the head cheese at work. Handed phone and credit card to a chum here at work and went into the meeting. Came out one hour later to be told I'd reached number one and could listen to a cheesy version of Blue Moon. A nice chap then came on and sold me a ticket. No email to confirm that actually happened but I do have a reference number. Thought this would be mad, but not as bad as this.

What a trial that was! Quick seats is the way forward, tried numerous times to select a seat and it just wasn't playing ball so gave up and let the club decide where I sit. It also wouldn't accept my debit card payment, again numerous attempts failed so in the end had to whack it on the credit card and went through first time, just got the email confirmation now.

Good luck to those trying tomorrow! I'm off for a lie down.

I'm puzzled, why is it the ticket office's fault if the server goes awol? Why is it the ticket office rather than the IT experts? Just curious, I know that some people like to blame the ticket office for everything but really?
I think the Ticket Office can be blamed for a lot of this shambles by the way they've handled it. SC holders not already on the CL with 8000 points or more should have been allowed to buy one each today. Then tomorrow any other SC holder plus non SC holders who've attended all the other CL games. Then on Wednesday, Cityzen card holders allowed one each. Then any left on general sale on Thursday.

By doing what they've done, they've overloaded the system and crashed it.

But you're right that whoever looks after our IT should take some responsibility as well. Systems should be volume tested under real life conditions. They won't necessarily be able to cope with extreme situations but you find out limits and manage accordingly.

I've waited over 4 hours on the phone, then when I get to number 1 they say 'we are experiencing a high number of calls, please wait' - I'm well aware of the high volume, I've been waiting for 4 fucking hours!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.