Tickets this season

Yes but people who would buy them cant without the extra outlay for a membership. A few days before the game. Bizarre way of going about things.
I'm not saying this is the right way but for the lesser games city make next to nothing for selling exchange seats - they will actually lose on some sales, by selling memberships they are making money.

Can see why they've put restrictions in for some games. Ensuring bin dippers and rags etc don't get into the home end I'm all for.
What I don't get is why they do these things with immediate effect and without any warning. A number of people will have been hesitant to come last season due to covid (hence people deferring season tickets and the club even giving them the option to do so). Therefore to bring that rule in the following season seems completely bizarre. Surely a more logical thing would have been to go off points or requiring people to have been to the Etihad on x amount of occasions but not solely basing it on last season.
Perhaps if tickets haven't gone on open sale at all is because the club is trying to give the membership more perceived value. I.e I can't see it mention that it gets you on the season card waiting list any longer. How you now get on that hasn't been communicated very well either.
Agreed. But they have records of me attending games for 20 years at this ground. So im hardly a JCL.

I also have no issue with priority for people with the membership. But thtas passed now surely, why are Spuds not on general/open sale (whether exchange tickets or not) 3 days before the game….?

Last edited:
I'm not saying this is the right way but for the lesser games city make next to nothing for selling exchange seats - they will actually lose on some sales, by selling memberships they are making money.
It does seem the club doesnt want to sell as many tickets as possible.

Agreed. But they have records of me attending games for 20 years at this ground. So im hardly a JCL.

I also have no issue with priority for people with the membership. But thtas passed now surely, why are Spuds not on open sale (whether exchange tickets or not) 3 days before the game….?
You can't just put big game tickets on open sale. They'd be snapped up by anyone including Touts and then resold.

S/T holders and regulars would be mightily pissed off with away fans sat nearby as it always ends in mither, not nice if you are there with kids or Family.

These available tickets are exchanges and they ain't letting them go cheap or to just anyone, no point having a S/T exchange if you're doing that might as well just keep the money for an unused seat.

Its basically a second chance offer but comes at a price.

You can't just put big game tickets on open sale. They'd be snapped up by anyone including Touts and then resold.

S/T holders and regulars would be mightily pissed off with away fans sat nearby as it always ends in mither, not nice if you are there with kids or Family.

These available tickets are exchanges and they ain't letting them go cheap or to just anyone, no point having a S/T exchange if you're doing that might as well just keep the money for an unused seat.

Its basically a second chance offer but comes at a price.
Maybe a bad choice of words on my part. Many fans have 20 years of attending matches at this ground and 1000’s of points and are being denied the opportunity to buy tickets.

Im clearly not saying sell to anyone with zero buying history,

Many fans have 20 years of attending matches at this ground and 1000’s of points and are being denied the opportunity to buy tickets.

Im clearly not saying sell to anyone with zero buying history
The number of fans in that position must be small.
Attending games for 20 years, thousands of points then they either have a S/T or Membership and plan to go to more than a few games a season, in which case Membership is a no brainer.
We play nearly 30 home games a season so how many fans just choose to go to 1 or 2 games, not many.

Despite what the media try to push most of our games are sold our or near sell outs and the ticket exchange kicks in and misleads people to believe we struggle to sell tickets.

You need to get Pally with S/ T holders and get on their Friends list.

Modern top level footy is high demand, we aren't shifting the last few tickets in a bargain basket, no way.
Those that buy early and have Memberships wouldn't be happy.

I am from up in Scotland and had traveled down to a few games prior to covid, got tickets through website without membership. Been down 4 times since January to end of season and bought memberships for us 3 to get tickets. Been trying to get 2/3 as close together as i can for the city v utd game in October but still nothing appearing on the site. Is it likely that ST holders who cant make it will be available nearer the game?

I am from up in Scotland and had traveled down to a few games prior to covid, got tickets through website without membership. Been down 4 times since January to end of season and bought memberships for us 3 to get tickets. Been trying to get 2/3 as close together as i can for the city v utd game in October but still nothing appearing on the site. Is it likely that ST holders who cant make it will be available nearer the game?
won’t be able to get them for the Utd game. Criteria is you had to attend 5 home games last season and if each member fits that then it’s 1 per membership.

The number of fans in that position must be small.
Attending games for 20 years, thousands of points then they either have a S/T or Membership and plan to go to more than a few games a season, in which case Membership is a no brainer.
We play nearly 30 home games a season so how many fans just choose to go to 1 or 2 games, not many.

Despite what the media try to push most of our games are sold our or near sell outs and the ticket exchange kicks in and misleads people to believe we struggle to sell tickets.

You need to get Pally with S/ T holders and get on their Friends list.

Modern top level footy is high demand, we aren't shifting the last few tickets in a bargain basket, no way.
Those that buy early and have Memberships wouldn't be happy.

Disagree, in the current financial climate it will be 1000’s. We know we loose a significant number of ST every year normally. With energy bills as they are on top of the cost of living crisis, football will not be peoples number 1 priority. We risk losing those people for good we are making it so difficult/expensive to buy a ticket, barmy!!

I know plenty of season ticket holders and have been to Bournemouth & Palace on their tickets. But holiday season is now over and they are goin to the games.

My cousin has 2 lads, both 9 and football mad. Wants to take them to their first game. Has realised the cost and faff to buy a tickets and has decided not to bother. So short sighted by City imo.

Not suggesting any kind of bargain basket. Not sure what youre on about. There are tickets via exchange for spuds available, but not to all a few days before a game. The Membership was designed to give priority access to tickets, not close it off completely, so they said. Bizarre strategy by the club

My cousin has 2 lads, both 9 and football mad. Wants to take them to their first game. Has realised the cost and faff to buy a tickets and has decided not to bother. So short sighted by City imo.

your cousin could take his kids to cup games or early round champs league games,cup games normaly a good price.

Its what my sister does with her 2 kids.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.