Tier 3 Pubs

bladdered

Living in Yorkie land, am expecting we will be joining you soon. Just wondering what to expect from the pubs staying open with food...like Wethers. How are they dealing with food/drinks orders? Can you get something to eat then stay boozing for the rest of the night? Or is it strictly beer with food order? Cheers!

Living in Yorkie land, am expecting we will be joining you soon. Just wondering what to expect from the pubs staying open with food...like Wethers. How are they dealing with food/drinks orders? Can you get something to eat then stay boozing for the rest of the night? Or is it strictly beer with food order? Cheers!
What you ask mate is exactly what they are trying to avoid so in my experience no you cant just carry on drinking. First you have to book a table then when you get there they seem to allocate you a time limit. 1:30/2 hours. You order food first then drinks. Im sure there will be places that bend the rules but if you want a good drink i wouldn't bother

Yep, that sounds about right judging by the comments from some City fans who called into Wetherspoons in the Printworks, after watching the West Ham game at the cinema there .... they had food , managed to down three pints whilst they were eating it, but were told to leave after they had finished .... you cannot carry on drinking.

And if they had gone on to another pub they would almost certainly have had to do exactly the same thing!

But i suppose from a pub or restaurants viewpoint it's understadable ... they have to keep tables open in case somebody else wants to eat , because that's where their real money is made , and drinkers will always come in second place to that.

i usually go into the city centre most Saturdays and spend most of the day drinking in several pubs , and just call to a chppy there , but until they lower these restrictions back to Tier 2, when it was just about tolerable, 'i'm just not gonna bother ...... it's now more trouble than it;s worth , and they have simply taken all the enjoyment out of it.

Last edited:
You can go in order food, have a drink while waiting and while eating, ince you have finished eating you cannot get another drink.

There is no time limit on how long it takes you to eat said meal, but once finished you won't get served anymore drink.

I suppose depending what you order you could get 4 pints from a mela, but you cannot sit with others so if you only plan on a household meal and drink it will be ok.

Holts pubs here though that are staying open have added many mea and drink deals going to get people in.

Pub crawl with a starter and 3 pints in each pub

Gotta be a 'substantial meal' in each pub apparently ..... whatever that means!

The Police told a place in the Northern Quarter to take giant pizza slices off their menu the other day , saying that they weren't 'substantial. enough , and gave the staff a rollicking ....... then they changed their minds overnight , were forced to apologise to the staff, and told them they could add it to their menu again the next day !

I reckon the Government making it up as they go along.

Last edited:
Gotta be a 'substantial meal' in each pub apparently ..... whatever that means!

The Police told a place in the Northern Quarter to take giant pizza slices off their menu the other day , saying that they weren't 'substantial. enough , and gave the staff a rollicking ....... then they changed their minds overnight , were forced to apologise to the staff, and told them they could add it to their menu again the next day !

I reckon the Government making it up as they go along.

I think I saw the news about this - it was 11" I mean 11" would count as substantial - surely?

I think I saw the news about this - it was 11" I mean 11" would count as substantial - surely?

Lol, yeah , it DID count as 'substantial' in the end ... but for 24 hours the Police, it seems, just weren't sure!

Last edited:
It was common, they were selling slices from 22" pizzas, police told them that a slice wasn't a meal and it had to be the full pizza, after it was pointed out the slice was bigger than a dominos whole pizza and a lot of piss taking on their twitter account from people the police said it was allowed to be classed as a meal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.