Time added on

I'd like a rule where if a team like these who have wasted time constantly,but are only one goal behind coming into 90 mins, then the other team get offered the chance to either play the added time or no time at all. It really doesn't seem fair that a team who have offered nothing in a game get a punchers chance for 10 minutes or so.
Sounds great in principle. What if the team that time wasted score in the reduced injury time? Should the time wasting then be re-added?

Of course the lower the sample size the more cautious you need to be about extrapolating from that, but it is just wrong to say there can never be any significance in low sample sizes. If your wife falls off the hotel balcony and dies on your honeymoon, that is very sad. If your second wife also falls off the hotel balcony and dies on your second honeymoon, that suggests a pattern.

It depends entirely on context. If you are conducting an opinion poll on voting intentions, a sample of fifteen respondents is a very small number on which to base any assessment. If you are looking at what is happening to one team during a 38 game season, 15 games is not a bad sample size at all.

But if you want to look at the time added on during the earlier part of the season, fill your boots. I don't have the time. What I will say is what I've already said - those who have suspected that less time is added on when we are chasing a win are right. You can reject any suggestion that this is deliberate, or otherwise argue about the reasons for that all you like, but the numbers don't lie.
You are either on the wind up or just criminally poor at stats and assume everyone on BM is thick and will go along with it.

I can't believe you are trying to defend it.

You are either on the wind up or just criminally poor at stats and assume everyone on BM is thick and will go along with it.

I can't believe you are trying to defend it.

That's called playing the man not the ball. Two however can play at that game.

SPANISH POLICE: so, Senor Corky, how do you explain the pile of dead women below your hotel balcony?

CORKY: there is no statistical significance due to it

SPANISH POLICE: but you were married to each of them before they died, were you not?

CORKY: you have ignored all multiple variables and have zero benchmark. You are criminally poor at stats.

SPANISH POLICE: We will see whether a Judge agrees, Senor Corky. No olvides tu cepillo de dientes.

Sounds great in principle. What if the team that time wasted score in the reduced injury time? Should the time wasting then be re-added?
It's like an episode of SOAP this. Haha I was thinking in the 89th minute, the ref asks the captain of the team what he wants to do. Then look at the time wasting bastards suddenly start attacking for their lives. Or maybe earlier than the 89th.? Of course it'll never be even considered, but it might make teams think twice..or maybe not if you're a Dyche team.

It's like an episode of SOAP this. Haha I was thinking in the 89th minute, the ref asks the captain of the team what he wants to do. Then look at the time wasting bastards suddenly start attacking for their lives. Or maybe earlier than the 89th.? Of course it'll never be even considered, but it might make teams think twice..or maybe not if you're a Dyche team.
If I were the captain, I’d ask if we could roll around for all the time added on as a big FU to our time wasting opposition!

Last night showed how corrupt the refs are with added time , you dont play the game you play the rules and add time on to the book , if it was 3-2 to us he would have added about six mins , i would bet merlin on it

You’d probably be right in this instance, Karen, as injury time in a knockout game that isn’t totally finished would be relevant, whereas last night was totally finished and added time irrelevant.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.