Time for 3-4-3?

ChicagoBlue

With Savic coming on board, is it time to release the fullbacks and shove it up every team that tries to go mano a mano against us?

With Savic (RB/CB) on the right, VK in the middle and JoLo (LB?CB) on the left, does that allow the "full backs" the freedom to run and play further up the park for MOST of the game? I know Barca plays this way when they are dominating, and ManU even play this way late in games when they are behind.

Is it time for City to move it up a gear and DOMINATE teams with a swarming REAL 7 man defence and VERY SOLID, yet ATTACKING formation with REAL 4 attackers and "free-to-overlap" full backs?

Given that it is now de rigeur to have a SOLE attacker against City, why play with a back four, except for those few periods when we are up against it (free kicks, corner kicks, protecting a slim lead in last 10 mins, etc...)

If we are (he laughs...) actually losing a game in the last 30 mins, it is easy to pull a defender, move Yaya forward AND add another attacking midfielder/winger/striker, WITHOUT having to rearrange the entire team into different positions, which is what Mancini was forced to do at times last season when we had a few injuries.

...........................................Hart

................Savic.................Kompany................Lescott

Richards........................................................................Clichy

.............................De Jong
.....................................................Yaya

..............Silva..................................................Balotelli

......................................Dzeko

AND THAT IS WITHOUT ANY NEW PLAYERS!

CURRENT INTERNATIONALS on Sub's bench to choose from:

Given

Zaba
Kolarov
Boateng
Kolo
Boyata

Milner
Barry
(M. Johnson?)
NEED ANOTHER TOP MIDFIELDER!!

Johnson
Adebayor
NEED ANOTHER QUALITY FORWARD

[Onuoha, SWP, Bridge, Bellamy, Roque, Jo and Tevez not even included)

3 CBs n 2 DMs imagine the stick we would get for this haha
honestly tho clichy n richards are already going to be asked to bomb forward in a 4 man defence that is why nige plays...look at richards last season n thats why kolorav was originally bought

team at the moment for me:

hart

richards
kompany
lescott (unless savic is already above his level)
clichy

nige
milner
yaya

silva
aj/balo
dzeko/balo

Chris 90 said:
3 CBs n 2 DMs imagine the stick we would get for this haha

Dead right!

I guess "defensive" midfielders are like cocksuckers........suck one cock, cocksucker for life!!!

Actually, it would be two CBs and THREE DMs, because Kompany played there for Hughes! Ha Ha!!

ChicagoBlue said:
With Savic coming on board, is it time to release the fullbacks and shove it up every team that tries to go mano a mano against us?

With Savic (RB/CB) on the right, VK in the middle and JoLo (LB?CB) on the left, does that allow the "full backs" the freedom to run and play further up the park for MOST of the game? I know Barca plays this way when they are dominating, and ManU even play this way late in games when they are behind.

Is it time for City to move it up a gear and DOMINATE teams with a swarming REAL 7 man defence and VERY SOLID, yet ATTACKING formation with REAL 4 attackers and "free-to-overlap" full backs?

Given that it is now de rigeur to have a SOLE attacker against City, why play with a back four, except for those few periods when we are up against it (free kicks, corner kicks, protecting a slim lead in last 10 mins, etc...)

If we are (he laughs...) actually losing a game in the last 30 mins, it is easy to pull a defender, move Yaya forward AND add another attacking midfielder/winger/striker, WITHOUT having to rearrange the entire team into different positions, which is what Mancini was forced to do at times last season when we had a few injuries.

...........................................Hart

................Savic.................Kompany................Lescott

Richards........................................................................Clichy

.............................De Jong
.....................................................Yaya

..............Silva..................................................Balotelli

......................................Dzeko

AND THAT IS WITHOUT ANY NEW PLAYERS!

CURRENT INTERNATIONALS on Sub's bench to choose from:

Given

Zaba
Kolarov
Boateng
Kolo
Boyata

Milner
Barry
(M. Johnson?)
NEED ANOTHER TOP MIDFIELDER!!

Johnson
Adebayor
NEED ANOTHER QUALITY FORWARD

[Onuoha, SWP, Bridge, Bellamy, Roque, Jo and Tevez not even included)

Barca plays with 5 defenders? Which Barca have you been watching.

5 defenders with at least one solely Defensive midfielder? When did this become 3-4-3?

Have you been playing FIFA 11 online? I say screw the center and play with 6-0-4...

Given that Crouch did the honors then Spurs battered us for the rest of the match, I'd take a back 4 in those situations.

Micah pushes up, but (most of the time) he gets back and puts in the effort at the back. Given that our zonal marking can sometimes leave us a little bit short (especially in set pieces) do you really want some fast little a*on Lennon whipping crosses without being challenged out wide?

Yes it depends on WHO we're playing, and yes Barcelona push up hard, but barca also pass it no more than 6 ft between them, never letting the ball get too far away from each player, conserving energy. Given Yaya's bounding runs at the moment, and Silva's playmaker style complimenting the more out and out 'lockpickers' (Jono) I don't think Bobby's current style compliments a back 3.

Maybe if we had someone like Wesley S as a 'holding' playmaker, it might work, but I'd rather keep our damn good defensive back line as a 4!

This is Napoli's system, not really Barca.

Barca do kind of have 3 at the back, but one of them is Busquets, Kompany just doesn't have the ability on the ball that he does.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.