Time To Back The Manager...

Rightly or wrongly I believe BM is safe for another season barring an implosion like happened with KK at Newcastle which I really don't see happening here.

So, if we end up in Top 3, especially if we bring home a cup (CC still on and so is Europa but both difficult) then I think BM will get another year. It would be disappointing after our storming start to the season but I do believe we'd still be within the parameters set out for him.

I think next year is supposed to be the "win the PL year" and even then, if we manage a decent 2nd (missing 1st by 1-2 points for example) I'd be loathe to see him go. The only way I can see him getting an early exit next year (January) would be if we were to be languishing around 5/6th place and miles off the Top 3.

This team can still get better, even this year we're still integrating 3 new 1st teamers.

We need some mangement stability at our club and BM has proved over the first half of this season and I believe will continue to prove over the remainder of this season that he can produce a team that will challenge for honours for years to come.

The absolute last thing I want is to see another manager come in, decide half the players are not his type, sell and buy half a dozen players and then go through another period of turmoil. We've been there, done that too many times, time now to back a manager for a sustained period AS LONG AS we don't have a catastrophic failure in which case I might accept the need to replace BM.

I think the key point here is what is deemed as 'failure'

If we fail to win the league, but are battling to the end & missing out by a single point for example, but no in-fighting or squad implosions, a good EL run, would ADUG see that as a 'failure'?

I don't think they would, & I think they understand the consequences of recruiting a new manager & a whole new squad (potentially)

IMO, the only way they would sack Bobby is if we undergo a total collapse.
That would indicate deeper lying concerns over squad morale & temperament which would cast doubts over Bobby's management abilities. In those circumstances I feel he would be under threat.

However, I do not believe for one second that that is even remotely possible.
We have a great manager, a great squad & fantastic owners.
We are Gods own club.

jimbo101 said:
I think the key point here is what is deemed as 'failure'

If we fail to win the league, but are battling to the end & missing out by a single point for example, but no in-fighting or squad implosions, a good EL run, would ADUG see that as a 'failure'?

I don't think they would, & I think they understand the consequences of recruiting a new manager & a whole new squad (potentially)

IMO, the only way they would sack Bobby is if we undergo a total collapse.
That would indicate deeper lying concerns over squad morale & temperament which would cast doubts over Bobby's management abilities. In those circumstances I feel he would be under threat.

However, I do not believe for one second that that is even remotely possible.
We have a great manager, a great squad & fantastic owners.
We are Gods own club.
Spot on I'd say Jimbo, I can't believe for a minute it's a case of win the prem and he stays, fail to win it and he's gone.

Didsbury Dave said:
Danamy said:
Damocles said:
As much as I hate to admit that I was wrong and Dave was right, after considering this for a bit, he IS spot on.

Mancini doesn't have a job for life, and if he fails to sustain a title challenge he will be gone in the summer. And rightly so.

I'm one of Mancini's staunchest defenders and always have been; I probably will always continue to as a right him highly as both a manager and a person.

However, we must examine the realities of exactly what Manchester City has become since September 2008.

In almost every area, from the boardroom with Gary Cook, to the management with Mark Hughes, to the scouting and the Academy with a variety of new "leaders", to the playing staff with too many to list; City do not tolerate failure and are ruthless in chopping those who do not meet the standards expected of them.

This is the reality. If people fail to deliver, they get the sack.

Mancini will be no exception. He MAY be saved by his pre-existing relationship with Khaldoon and the Sheikh but I cannot imagine that he can get more than half a season out of this.

I don't think the Sheikh has closed the purse strings at all, and I disagree that Mancini has ever had less than 110% backing from the board.

This seems to be the Sheikh's MO. Back them to the hilt and immediately cut them if they fail.

Dam, it happens in all walks of life and football is no differant.

Whilst we're on top he's bullitproof and rightly so.................

You started all this, Danamy, and as usual I got the flack!

Fair play to Damocles too.

That's what you get when you agree with one of my opinions............how dare you?

It looks like you may have found yourself another stalker ;-)

Prestwich_Blue said:
We have to be seen to be taking FFP seriously. We may be touch and go for the first assessment at least and may have to rely on UEFA's goodwill to get through. There's no point in saying "Look, let us off this time as we're trying to comply" when we're spending £100m on 3 players every window without trying to balance the books. That's just taking the piss and we're going to need all the help we can get.

Woah hold on a minute. I thought you'd said numerous times that FFPR won't be a problem for us? Now all of a sudden we 'may be touch and go for the first assessment at least ' and 'we're going to need all the help we can get'

Really interesting debate here. I feel the team are having a minor blip and some of it is down to how the squad had been rotated during December, the failure to qualify for the next round of the CL and teams are starting to sit back alot more against us.

FFP seems to be playing strongly on their minds but also the knowledge that RM has invested well enopugh to deliver the target for this year. I think they will give him another year but if he does not deliver I'm sure they will look for another suitable candidate.

RM has tarnished his reputation slightly over the last few weeks with his attotude regarding the card waving and lack of spending. He needs to keep cool. I still feel he needs to up his man management skills.

As for investment in the team, I think he needs a defender in and potentially a winger. As a team we do not hit teams with pace enough, there is a balancing act to be played, the dressing room can not do with a new ego at this stage of the season.

As I understand Fifa wont take action on non compliance of FFP regulations if clubs can be "seen to moving towards compliance".

Surely to gain fullest advantage of our financial backing it would be better for us not to comply initially.

IMO its not "one off" transfer fees but wage costs that may trip us up long term.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.