Time To Ban Ticket Touting

and City should be told that Viagogo is out of order. It is a stain on the club.

Viagogo is handy for Blues who live a distance away. I am happy to let my seats go at below face value to ensure they're used. If others choose to sell at above face value it's their business. Viagogo is just a service that people can either use or not. It helped me to decide to keep my seasoncards - every year I can not help missing certain dates.
Whoring for points is another matter though...

I once bought a Pink Floyd ticket off a tout in London in 1980 to see the Wall live at Earls Court. In todays money I paid over £400 for that ticket. I agree ticket touting should be banned if it is possible, but like the oldest profession in the World I can't see it happening.

Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
I once bought a Pink Floyd ticket off a tout in London in 1980 to see the Wall live at Earls Court. In todays money I paid over £400 for that ticket. I agree ticket touting should be banned if it is possible, but like the oldest profession in the World I can't see it happening.
Do you regret going? Or was it worth it?
I paid £400 for me and a mate ( on hard times ) to get in hospitality at the last Maine road derby. City wouldn't listen to the fact I'd been in the RAF and picked up tickets wherever I could so my loyalty points were shit. I wanted a ticket enough, paid what I was willing to part with and I am very glad I'll have those memories til my dying day.

trotsky said:
Viagogo is handy for Blues who live a distance away. I am happy to let my seats go at below face value to ensure they're used. If others choose to sell at above face value it's their business. Viagogo is just a service that people can either use or not. It helped me to decide to keep my seasoncards - every year I can not help missing certain dates.

Do not be fooled by Viagogo. The only reason why they cant charge above face value (and handling fees) for football games is because the law prevents them from doing that. They are a legalised touting company.
When I was on the FSF committee I went to a Parliamentary hearing about touting and their top man was there.... an American Del Boy saying how he provided a service...... and that fans (of music) who couldn't go to gigs just wanted their money back.
I stood up and said ''within 5 minutes of tickets going on sale for gigs by Madonna / Kyle / Rolling Stones etc (this was a few years ago) you are advertising tickets for sale way beyond face value. Who spends a lot of money buying these tickets and within 5 minutes realise they can't go that gig and therefore advertise them on Viagogo? You are nothing but a legalised spiv and a blight to real music lovers. If you (and ebay) were not allowed to flog tickets at extortionate prices, someone in Swindon would not be buying tickets for gigs at the MEN Arena with the intent of selling them on. You are providing the avenue for genuine fans to be ripped off.''
The twat maintained he was providing a genuine service to fans of music and football.... next question please....

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
trotsky said:

Do not be fooled by Viagogo. The only reason why they cant charge above face value (and handling fees) for football games is because the law prevents them from doing that. They are a legalised touting company.
When I was on the FSF committee I went to a Parliamentary hearing about touting and their top man was there.... an American Del Boy saying how he provided a service...... and that fans (of music) who couldn't go to gigs just wanted their money back.
I stood up and said ''within 5 minutes of tickets going on sale for gigs by Madonna / Kyle / Rolling Stones etc (this was a few years ago) you are advertising tickets for sale way beyond face value. Who spends a lot of money buying these tickets and within 5 minutes realise they can't go that gig and therefore advertise them on Viagogo? You are nothing but a legalised spiv and a blight to real music lovers. If you (and ebay) were not allowed to flog tickets at extortionate prices, someone in Swindon would not be buying tickets for gigs at the MEN Arena with the intent of selling them on. You are providing the avenue for genuine fans to be ripped off.''
The twat maintained he was providing a genuine service to fans of music and football.... next question please....

I agree that they should not be allowed to buy tickets with the sole intention of selling them on at inflated prices. But as a medium for transferring tickets between fans (with an admin fee), then this is a service that is useful to all parties.
It's a shame we can't do it directly with the club though

Attempted to buy 2 tickets last Friday for the inaugural BBC 6 Music festival at Vic Warehouse. 8500 tickets sold out in seconds. No coincidence dozens started to slowly filter onto Ebay and Stubhub soon after for hundred quid each (Tickets were £25…!) really riles me up.

Some kind of legislation needs to be put in place to put a stop to these wankers.

yatesy94 said:
Attempted to buy 2 tickets last Friday for the inaugural BBC 6 Music festival at Vic Warehouse. 8500 tickets sold out in seconds. No coincidence dozens started to slowly filter onto Ebay and Stubhub soon after for hundred quid each (Tickets were £25…!) really riles me up.

Some kind of legislation needs to be put in place to put a stop to these wankers.

Completely agree - but there is no political will to do it. Football is the only form of entertainment that is affected by law and that is because of safety concerns - the government don't give a shit about consumer issues.
I would queue up at the MEN Arena for big gigs and 40 scrotes would be in line (with their mates then joining in later and jumping the queue) and 15 minutes before the windows opened, Fagin and Bill Sykes would turn up with the biggest wad of cash you'd ever seen..... handing them out to each of the scrotes and buying them a McDonald's meal in return for the 6 tickets they had bought and handed over.
I emailed the MEN Arena and they replied, they didn't give a fuck. Their aim was to sell the tickets as fast as they could, had no interest in who was buying them.

And as for Fagin and Bill Sykes..... on benefits??? (a guess), paying taxes?? No. Cnuts of the highest order. Parasites

-- Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:38 am --

trotsky said:
Mad Eyed Screamer said:
trotsky said:

I agree that they should not be allowed to buy tickets with the sole intention of selling them on at inflated prices. But as a medium for transferring tickets between fans (with an admin fee), then this is a service that is useful to all parties.
It's a shame we can't do it directly with the club though

There was a City fan who ran such an operation via twitter that had no admin fees - but was closed down and threatened with legal action....... Viagogo as I said, are nowt but legalised touts.

I'm as annoyed that people with the required points are buying Barcelona away tickets to sell to mates who don't have the points. I'm probably going to miss out on this just based on multiplying the number of people I know who are doing it. And they're not making money on it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.