Time To Ban Ticket Touting

Not a fan really but Viagogo has its place. I sold on my ticket for Chelsea as I'm going to a gig that night, and it was by far the best option. It's a seasoncard so I'm not going to be able to send my seasoncard to someone else, I can't meet them at the ground because I'm not going to be there and asking a family member to do it puts them out as well as well as there being a sizeable chance that the fooker doesn't show. Viagogo solves those problems.

Easily sorted. When Tom Waits toured a few years ago to buy a ticket you had to upload or send a passport photo of yourself. It was printed on the ticket. If the picture and ticket holder didn't match admittance was refused.

Can understand both the positives and negatives. But the thing is, City could create their own section for this on their website and all the profits from 'Handling fees' could go to themselves. Why include a middle man?

I can't make it to the Villa game because of work, so I might use it, but I won't be selling it above face value, that's for sure.

Ticket touting happens in all entertainment businesses, even for the big student club nights you will get people buying to sell on, it is commercial by its very nature but music concerts and top level football games are more so than ever before. Somebody will always be priced out no matter what the face value price is set at, somebody will always make some cash by selling it on. Why is a ticket different from any other product?

Rocket-footed kolarov said:
Why is a ticket different from any other product?

It isn't - everythings for sale, as Manic Street Preachers correctly stated.
In a world where you can buy bodyparts, rocket launchers and any drug you want on the internet and kids from Africa, tickets for sporting events or concerts are pretty low down the pecking order of concerns for me.

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
Rocket-footed kolarov said:
Why is a ticket different from any other product?

It isn't - everythings for sale, as Manic Street Preachers correctly stated.
In a world where you can buy bodyparts, rocket launchers and any drug you want on the internet and kids from Africa, tickets for sporting events or concerts are pretty low down the pecking order of concerns for me.

Exactly my point mate. We live in a capitalist system, and although we may try to limit the extent of capitalism, it is an ideology that persists- it isn't okay to sell bb guns to underage kids in the UK, but it is almost accepted as the natural order that real life weapons will be sold on to be used by child soldiers in another part of the world.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.