Time to galvanise - sieze the day

Didsbury Dave said:
A sobering thought is that, by my maths, if we lose at Norwich, they could win it the next game and already be champs when they come to ours!

And if they lose the next game we will need to win 4 games to guarantee our first league title since 1968.
I think everyone is waiting for Saturday - another lacklustre away performance and it'll pop our balloon. But if we win I think people will be ready to get very giddy.
People want to see an away win when the pressure is before getting too carried away

It's all back on.

United mentally switched off after the arsenal game. They can protest all they want in the press about ''job to do, nothing decided yet'' yadda yadda, but deep down when they went 8 points clear they thought - it's ours.

Momentum is a funny thing in sport and it can switch in an instant. Last night could have switched the momentum to city because a win at norwich then puts city only 2 behind united and all of a sudden, from being 8 points and cruising they are under pressure not just to avoid defeat, but due to city's goal difference and the game at the etihad, WIN.

That's quite a jolt to have in the space of just 7 days.

Winning the last 5 games is necessity for city if the title is to be claimed, no more points can be dropped.

Never thought a game against Norwich would be so important. I think the rags failure to beat Wigan though unfortunately lay in their confidence they had already won, not due to pressure from us. We were afterall playing at the same time. United do typically do well under pressure so I'm expecting a win against Villa, by hook or by crook, to keep the momentum with them. It's vital that we carry our own momentum from last nights results through to the end of the season. Even a draw against Norwich and we'll have stumbled to a stop again.

Still really thought we'd do more with the Chelsea victory than going on probably our worst mini-run this season though. If we had picked up 3 points at Stoke we could be top of the league. Unpredictable this City lark.

I'm trying very hard to keep my feet on the ground.. Great night last night and if we can just keep that points gap close then we can at least prevent them winning it at our spot and end our fantastic season with a bit of fight... Saturdays game s HUGE! Win that and I will dare to dream again!

BillyShears said:
Didsbury Dave said:
If we start to do our job properly we are one United slip up from the edge of glory. Even going into the last game of the season a few points behind them keeps the pressure on what is not a great United team.

Now's the time for the whole club to get it's fighting boots on. Now's the time for the leaders to stand up and be counted, for the scrappers to get their gloves on, for the classy to set themselves apart. We need to roar like lions for the next month because we have been handed a lifeline.

There were signs last night that we are getting back to our best form, and we are more or less injury free. And David Silva has been released from his self-imposed exile. Maybe now the pressure is off we will feel more free to express ourselves.

There are a lot of people at our club who have been given a second chance to prove their mettle. It's time for the whole club to seize the day.

Totally agree. Was noticeable just how fluent we were last night going forward and what a great tempo we played at. There was a hunger in the play that hasn't been there for a while and players were acknowledging misplaced passes rather than berating them.

Why, though?

woop woop<br /><br />-- Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:08 pm --<br /><br />
Didsbury Dave said:
If we start to do our job properly we are one United slip up from the edge of glory. Even going into the last game of the season a few points behind them keeps the pressure on what is not a great United team.

Now's the time for the whole club to get it's fighting boots on. Now's the time for the leaders to stand up and be counted, for the scrappers to get their gloves on, for the classy to set themselves apart. We need to roar like lions for the next month because we have been handed a lifeline.

There were signs last night that we are getting back to our best form, and we are more or less injury free. And David Silva has been released from his self-imposed exile. Maybe now the pressure is off we will feel more free to express ourselves.

There are a lot of people at our club who have been given a second chance to prove their mettle. It's time for the whole club to seize the day.

woop woop

Didsbury Dave said:

Yes, some of us already know this.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.