Time to start banning hacks from the Etihad?

baildon blue said:
blue b4 the moon said:
The more shit they print the more neutrals will decide not to be blue.

Negative press will continue to hinder a developing fan base.
I agree .
That why we need to get tough with these SH** HEADS

I'm not sure you can bar the press for negative reporting, that would work against us and our sponsors..........blatant lies 100% ban the f*ckers, .....I think we should adopt the yellow / red card approach with a code of conduct so that they effectively bar themselves ... a blatant lie just to be a mischievous tw*t and its a straight red and a ban for 2 weeks (we know who these reporters are). A negative story without checking the source and it's a yellow card, 2 before Christmas and your banned.

Negative reporting is one thing, not checking out the facts is just sloppy reporting which is becoming common place with sports journalists....the lies which are made up to negatively slight the club is another thing altogether and wholly unacceptable.

Shirley said:
Before we even think of banning them from The Etihad we need to find out once and for all what is driving them to continually put a negative slant on anything related to our club.

Are they really pandering to the masses or simply showing their allegiance to the rags?
We know why they do it as Ogden said it in an interview with a City blog. Mocking City gets them hits and clicks from fans of the rags, Liverpool, Arsenal and others. These make up the majority of their audience so they pander to them shamelessly.

KippaxCitizen said:
r.soleofsalford said:
de niro said:

i`ve been saying this from the start
And you're all wrong! You're seriously underestimating the intelligence of people. People can easily see through poorly executed articles and bad press.

Do you ever get chatting to fans of other clubs on away travels? How many times do you hear fans say "i really like what City are doing" "hope you're up there challenging the likes of United and Arsenal for a long time"...fans know what's what, people know what's what. and you only have to see how many half'n'half scarfers and tourists with cameras are around the ground on a matchday and swarming around the place on Champions League nights to see that we are attracting new fans all the time. There was a league table on here a while back as well showing that our official website is in the top 5 most hits in football and top 10 in all world sports. People are interested in City because of what we're doing as a club.

Plus i don't really know anyone who reads newspapers anymore. People just get their information from online social media and from official sites now. The era of the journalist is dead. Nobody needs them. Clubs' forums find out information before journos do, online bloggers release stories before journos do. People know things within minutes now there is no need for the profession of a newspaper journalist anymore unless you're shit hot and worth taking notice of.

This^^^^

blue underpants said:
KippaxCitizen said:
r.soleofsalford said:
And you're all wrong! You're seriously underestimating the intelligence of people. People can easily see through poorly executed articles and bad press.

Do you ever get chatting to fans of other clubs on away travels? How many times do you hear fans say "i really like what City are doing" "hope you're up there challenging the likes of United and Arsenal for a long time"...fans know what's what, people know what's what. and you only have to see how many half'n'half scarfers and tourists with cameras are around the ground on a matchday and swarming around the place on Champions League nights to see that we are attracting new fans all the time. There was a league table on here a while back as well showing that our official website is in the top 5 most hits in football and top 10 in all world sports. People are interested in City because of what we're doing as a club.

Plus i don't really know anyone who reads newspapers anymore. People just get their information from online social media and from official sites now. The era of the journalist is dead. Nobody needs them. Clubs' forums find out information before journos do, online bloggers release stories before journos do. People know things within minutes now there is no need for the profession of a newspaper journalist anymore unless you're shit hot and worth taking notice of.
Sorry but it's you who is wrong, I have a rag Son in Law who trots out every bit of bile written in every paper, hears on SSN, same with the BBC and talkshite
On holiday end of September I had to endure shit off virtually every known fans including foreigners spouting all the usual shit that they had read or heard off these poisonous bastards that you are defending, people do still read newspapers not everybody is tuned into social media much as you would like to think, talkshite and SSN have record listening and viewing figures as well, and I hate to say it without sounding patronising but the average intelligence of the average football fan esp rags is that of a Gnat

When I have conversations with fans, especially United fans, it's usually a decent conversation. When it's not, I ignore the cunts because they are just using fucking opinion to try and talking shite to try and wind me up. If they try and wind me up I fuck them off like I would any other pleb wasting my time. Decent fans know to use stats and football knowledge, try seeking them out, that's what I do.

blue b4 the moon said:
KippaxCitizen said:
r.soleofsalford said:

Fans that go yes, I'm talking about little Jimmy who wants to go to football for the first time, his parents read shit about us and tell him its better to support that team where the nice goody goody England Captain plays and that nice phillosifffy guy works not to mention the lovely Ryan who was a pin up for little Jimmy's mum 25/30 years ago.

You're talking shit.

Say that to all the fans who are children of the 80's and 90's. We saw through the shit being said and chose Blue.

Shirley said:
Before we even think of banning them from The Etihad we need to find out once and for all what is driving them to continually put a negative slant on anything related to our club.

Are they really pandering to the masses or simply showing their allegiance to the rags?

Selling papers and trying to obtain listeners so people advertise with them and give them money.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Shirley said:

We know why they do it as Ogden said it in an interview with a City blog. Mocking City gets them hits and clicks from fans of the rags, Liverpool, Arsenal and others. These make up the majority of their audience so they pander to them shamelessly.

Unfortunately I don't believe a word that rag Ogden says, although believable he needs to show the evidence first with that claim.

Shirley said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Shirley said:

Unfortunately I don't believe a word that rag Ogden says, although believable he needs to show the evidence first with that claim.

It's not a claim.

Good news doesn't sell, and that's always been the case. With football it's a bonus because you get fans of the opposition gaining satisfaction like Prestwich_Blue has said.

Prestwich_Blue said:
What we should do is have two media rooms. If they've written objectively and honestly about us since the last game, they can go in the one where there's as much quality food & drink as they want. If they haven't then stick them in a room with just stale bread and water from a fish tank that hasn't been cleaned in 6 months.
the red room

PRESSPACK_zps5fa1600e.jpg

A genuine question for some of our blues who live abroad, how do the press in Spain report on other teams apart from Barcelona and Real Madrid?, in Italy who are the press boys favourites ?.
Do they all get the same coverage or is it just the big clubs?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.