Time wasting by players

I don't understand why the premier league do not have multiple balls around the pitch which are thrown to the players when the ball,goes out. This happens in the CL and I did see stats how it increases the amount of time the ball is in play and time wasted.

Apparently the argument is that mutiple ball systems are easier to exploit by home teams. Not sure if thats generally true, but it was definitely the case when we used it under Pearce. The ball boys were more effective than some of the players.

In comparison to most teams, City are pretty good about time wasting, diving etc. But Southampton yesterday were appalling. More needs to be done to combat it.

Yeah but with our team if we get the opponents to come out we ' should' get a hat full.

We are desperately short of the player who can successfully 'run' at a banked midfield. Sane and Sterling seem to be the only ones who have some measure of ability in that department, but they are often isolated down the flanks, run into a dead end or have two or three defenders lining up to negate the first successful dribble! Oh for a Lionel Messi or a Peter Barnes!

I don't understand why the premier league do not have multiple balls around the pitch which are thrown to the players when the ball,goes out. This happens in the CL and I did see stats how it increases the amount of time the ball is in play and time wasted.

A rule was made in the prem that multi ball wasnt allowed. Some teams were doing it and some teams werent so they decided to make a set rule about it. No idea why they wouldnt go in the other direction to speed the game up

The obvious fact is that NOBODY knows how long a football game last, players, managers, fans, and yes even the FEFS . They have to guess it. FIFA, UEFA, and the FA have all refused to bring in a timekeeper as in Rugby league where EVERYBODY knows at what point in time the game stands. It's also plain to see referees could not care less!!!!

The obvious fact is that NOBODY knows how long a football game last, players, managers, fans, and yes even the FEFS . They have to guess it. FIFA, UEFA, and the FA have all refused to bring in a timekeeper as in Rugby league where EVERYBODY knows at what point in time the game stands. It's also plain to see referees could not care less!!!!

Sorry didn't quite catch that, can you say it a little louder?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.