Time wasting

Six second rule needs to be enforced. Start with that and I guarantee the game speeds up. Just needs one ref to have the minerals to penalise it and then the follow on effect should take place.

I bored myself with this one yesterday. But by the 56th minute yesterday i ran a stop watch. Palace had already wasted 4 and a half minutes, by our equaliser it was over 6 minutes. I stopped after that, but something does need to be done.

Wasn't it something insane in the second half of extra time against Madrid? Ball was in play for 6 and a half minutes i think.
Palace are the masters of time wasting closely followed by Brighton and Southampton

So in other words do away with stoppage time at the end of a match ?

Problem with that idea,is losing the (what can be) the most intense 3,4,5 mins whatever,as we all know has proven to be very important.

As much as the game could learn a bit from rugby,that idea is a no from me
But if you have a clock counting down on the scoreboard you know as a player exactly how long is left and the full time whistle should not go whilst the ball is in play as in rugby

I shouldn’t allow myself to get so angry at something as silly as protagonists in a game I’m watching taking a little bit longer to do stuff than they should but every week I’m apoplectic with rage.

The only solution is a US sport / rugby style clock which stops every time the ball isn’t in play

Is time wasting becoming the new 'thing' in football.

Keepers taking an age to get the ball back in play.

Throw ins also taking an age

And this is a new one the whole team celebrating a goal at the furthest point from their half. Normally the corner flag. Than taking ages to walk back.

We pay good money in very difficult times to watch a game of football. It seems that clubs couldnt care less about the amount of football fans see.
It’s been said numerous times on here but the only way to stop it is to have a clock that stops each time the ball isn’t in play ( other than throw ins).

The referee yesterday seemed to think, that if he yellow carded the Palace keeper, it would look like he had bowed to crowd pressure.

The only reason why we were all getting agitated was actually down to him ignoring the blatant time wasting.

PGMOL haven’t got the balls to stop it happening.

Two or three times a season, this topic comes up.
Every time it comes up, the same points are debated - stopped clocks, referees growing a pair of balls, 30 minutes per half, the 6 second rule, etc, etc.

Why are we wasting time discussing it?

;-))

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.