Tinhat/bulletproofjacket/coatofarmour on

I hope so about Tevez, I really really hope so. As this has been going on my desire for this deal to happen has been increasing so I'll be gutted if he stays with the rags and doesn't get played very often.

levets said:
Pollerz said:
hmm wierd about 5 posts dissapeared in this thread haha..

Just to reitterate what i said..

Tevez now has the choice of City (first team football) Or utd (who HAVE offered the full amount but NOT promised first team football)

It is obvious that carlos's agent wants his player to sign for city as it is the better deal for himself and he is trying to build on already good relations with the club.. Which is brilliant for us and even better for his pockets.

There is a very very strong rumour around my sources that a bid of aroun 13-15 mill will be made for Lescott.

cheers pollerz

ctid
There is a very very strong rumour around my sources that a bid of aroun 13-15 mill will be made for Lescott.
======================
I also believe that to be the case.... I am not ITK... but my source is :-)

Lescott is very happy at Everton of that I can assure you .
Having said that , I believe no player is unsusceptible to curiosiy and the big ' what if ' consideration .
Moyes has stated that noone will be leaving in the summer on many occasions . Again , read into that what you will , as I have done myself .

In either case , £13-15 mill won't get you Lescott on it's own merit . It would probably have to be a lot more than that , as firstly City have money to burn , and we don't , and secondly he is English , and one of the best there is in his position .
The only person I think is potentially more important to us is Jagielka , who can play all defensiive positions . Why would Moyes break up that combination unless it would be very lucrative business for the club ?

I can only see Lescott or indeed Arteta leaving if the fee was above £20 million for either player .
No , that wouldn't stop City if they truly wanted them , but we really don't need too many faces at Everton to strengthen up , so we're not desperate to sell .

Darker shade of Blue said:
levets said:
Pollerz said:
hmm wierd about 5 posts dissapeared in this thread haha..

Just to reitterate what i said..

Tevez now has the choice of City (first team football) Or utd (who HAVE offered the full amount but NOT promised first team football)

It is obvious that carlos's agent wants his player to sign for city as it is the better deal for himself and he is trying to build on already good relations with the club.. Which is brilliant for us and even better for his pockets.

cheers pollerz

ctid
======================
I also believe that to be the case.... I am not ITK... but my source is :-)

Lescott is very happy at Everton of that I can assure you .
Having said that , I believe no player is unsusceptible to curiosiy and the big ' what if ' consideration .
Moyes has stated that noone will be leaving in the summer on many occasions . Again , read into that what you will , as I have done myself .

In either case , £13-15 mill won't get you Lescott on it's own merit . It would probably have to be a lot more than that , as firstly City have money to burn , and we don't , and secondly he is English , and one of the best there is in his position .
The only person I think is potentially more important to us is Jagielka , who can play all defensiive positions . Why would Moyes break up that combination unless it would be very lucrative business for the club ?

I can only see Lescott or indeed Arteta leaving if the fee was above £20 million for either player .
No , that wouldn't stop City if they truly wanted them , but we really don't need too many faces at Everton to strengthen up , so we're not desperate to sell .

Fair enough. It would have to be a very good offer for Everton to accept it, and I'd go up to £20m for Lescott, if that's what it takes!

There has been talk of jo been used as a makeweight in a possible lescott deal... like 6mill + jo... i understand moyes is a big fan of jo.

Although city are trying to avoid swaps for players and are trying to keep youngsters including jo

jags and yobo just recently signed new contracts but there was no new contract for lescott.......i may be reading too much into this as he might already be on a long term deal but to me that suggests he could be allowed to leave. jo definitely gives us some leverage as well as everton do need the options up front

Pollerz said:
There has been talk of jo been used as a makeweight in a possible lescott deal... like 6mill + jo... i understand moyes is a big fan of jo.

Although city are trying to avoid swaps for players and are trying to keep youngsters including jo

We are thankful to Jo , but he or indeed his position isn't a priority , even if it does need bolstering .
We certainly couldn't afford to pay what City paid for him , and I don't see the logic of weakening one of the strongest defences to bring him in . Yakubu is already training again which is a good sign for us .

depps said:
jags and yobo just recently signed new contracts but there was no new contract for lescott.......i may be reading too much into this as he might already be on a long term deal but to me that suggests he could be allowed to leave. jo definitely gives us some leverage as well as everton do need the options up front

Lescott is contracted untill 2012 as of last year so there is no urgency in improving his deal .

In my opinion only , we need to focus on the right side of the pitch and a few covering players . There's talk of Owen coming , but it's all rumours as yet .
I see us getting a lot of young lads in too .

well if he signed a new deal last year that that theory blown out of the water. do you reckon moyes wants jo full time or will he be happy to let him go? if the money wasnt a problem that is

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.