"Title is over" - Pathetic flappers

If we keep playing in the manner we are and have the manager totally oblivious to us being over run, then it is over.
We are playing very badly and look a soft touch at the back. That is not a title winning combination.

Title isn't over, just very very unlikely that Mourinho will drop eight points in relation to us - that is dont expect him to drop as many many as City do from now on and in addition to that 8 points.

If we were facing Chelsea and not Mourinho, I'd still be confident. last years the flappers were worried about Arsenal but you could count on either Arsenal or Wenger to make a hash of it, with Mourinho its very very unlikely.

Lucky Toma said:
I've changed the title now. Assumed putting it in quotation marks and then slagging off the towel-throwers in opening post might have given sufficient clues of where I stood on the matter. I was mistaken.

I'm logging off now!

Re: "Title is over"

jimharri said:
If Chelsea win tomorrow, 8 points will be hard clawed back. Not impossible, but very hard. Teams chasing titles should not be losing to the likes of West Ham.

8 points with almost all of their tough away games finished by November. Would quite simply be Mourinho's largest ever career blunder to blow that lead. His CV tells me he won't.

I agree it's too soon to throw in the towel but a lot on here seriously underestimate chelsea. I've watched almost every one of their games this season and they are a fucking frightening team. Got the perfect balance, solid defence and great attacking players and look unstoppable at the moment.

Lucky Toma said:
Anyone who truly believes this obviously haven't learned anything from two of the last three seasons.

I wouldn't be particularly keen to share a trench with you either.

they would be in the trench , but directly BEHIND you , some right lightweights on this forum , they should hang their heads in shame , if they think calling our club and players tw*ts and c*nts etc , is acceptable.

Not over yet by any stretch....

If Pellers hasn't seen 2 up front is not working and putting too much pressure on our defence with Yaya in current form away from home and in Europe we could be struggling to fight for a top 4 spot. Our points tally so far wouldn't get us in the top 4 last year. Things have to change with the formations.

Lucky Toma said:
Anyone who truly believes this obviously haven't learned anything from two of the last three seasons.

I wouldn't be particularly keen to share a trench with you either.
I learnt an awful lot two seasons ago. When, as champions, the attitude and mentality of our squad didn't seem right. We sacked Mancini and seemed happy enough to lay the blame at his feet. For me, it's the players! and the current manager may be finding that the attitude and mentality of our squad as champions hasn't changed and he will have a difficult task on his hands not to have another player mard arse tantrum of a season occurring.

Last season, there was no Chelsea like this year challenging for the title. It was an average Liverpool side with one world class player and they were riding on the 25th anniversary wave and went on an amazing run that couldn't be maintained. This year will be very different.

When the pressure is on us to show the world how good we are, when the expectation is on us as the champions, we do not have the right attitude or mentality as a squad.

Yes, when all has seemed lost and the pressure has disappeared, we have made two great come backs to win the league. But when we've had to go out as champions and show the authority and confidence of winners we've crumbled.

In all the high pressure Champions League games against the better sides we've faced, when we needed to win and nobody was already through, therefore taking it easy or resting players or the game isn't under the same pressure (2011-12 Napoli h, Bayern a, Napoli a; 2012-13 Madrid a, Dortmund h, Madrid h; 2013-14 Bayern h, Barça h, Barca a; 2014-15 Bayern a, Roma h), our record is P11 W0 D4 L7!

We've come a long way in six years as a club. But we've got an awfully long way to go still. Our attitude and mentality needs a huge surge forward now. It's let us down before and it may let us down again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.