"Title is over" - Pathetic flappers

Really don't see the point of threads like this. Yes it's way too early to call it but you would have to be blind not to notice that this season so far has more than a whiff of 12/13 about it so referencing that season is just as legitimate as referencing the seasons where we overhauled a significant point deficit and won the title.

Wouldn't say its over as our last two titles have shown that we can come back from an unlikely position
I just think this chelsea side is something a bit diferent than what we've been up against in the last 2/3 years .....Def have our work cut out thats for sure...

I'd be interested to hear about the last time a team took a clear lead in the title race in August and steadily maintained it through to May. And I'd be even more interested to hear about the time before that.

It is extremely rare. One of the reasons is of course that every team, bar none, goes through a bad patch at some point. Injuries at the wrong time, suspensions, off days, fixture congestion.

Also, Big leads have strange effects sometimes. It can do strange things. An 8 point lead becomes 5 points, with the title rivals to play. Nerves can creep in, the crowd gets anxious. Within a few weeks a big lead can become a slender lead, or even no lead at all.

It is never good to be off the pace but anyone who genuinely thinks the race is over (rather than saying it in frustration and anger, like most have done) is seriously misguided.

Chris in London said:
I'd be interested to hear about the last time a team took a clear lead in the title race in August and steadily maintained it through to May. And I'd be even more interested to hear about the time before that.

It is extremely rare. One of the reasons is of course that every team, bar none, goes through a bad patch at some point. Injuries at the wrong time, suspensions, off days, fixture congestion.

Also, Big leads have strange effects sometimes. It can do strange things. An 8 point lead becomes 5 points, with the title rivals to play. Nerves can creep in, the crowd gets anxious. Within a few weeks a big lead can become a slender lead, or even no lead at all.

It is never good to be off the pace but anyone who genuinely thinks the race is over (rather than saying it in frustration and anger, like most have done) is seriously misguided.

Keegans' Newcastle, United in 97-98 and of course Rodgers' Liverpool.

It's far from over but I can see Chelsea hitting 90 points this season and we've never achieved that. If I'm not mistaken, we're now 2 points down on last season in the comparable fixtures.

Where have all the fans gone that used to think a good season was just beating the Rags home and away?

Those were the days...........

Mourinho is not a bottler and now has the few tools he lacked last season. That doesn't mean it's over but already I think we will have to go to Stamford Bridge and win.

We should also look to spend in January if any top-class talent becomes available. United, Arsenal and Liverpool will be spending. We don't often but the team is feeling a bit stale and short of energy, we should be on the look out for a top class winger who can offer something different.

LoveCity said:
Mourinho is not a bottler and now has the few tools he lacked last season. That doesn't mean it's over but already I think we will have to go to Stamford Bridge and win.

We should also look to spend in January if any top-class talent becomes available. United, Arsenal and Liverpool will be spending. We don't often but the team is feeling a bit stale and short of energy, we should be on the look out for a top class winger who can offer something different.
We should just throw money at Dortmund and plead with Reus to sign

To all those pathetic flappers out there we all feel bad when team loses or isn't doing well,but abusing players,manger or writing of your own team is being as s*** as it comes.
We were 8 points behind United with 6 games to go and we did it
We were 8 points behind arsenal for a fair bit last season
And let me remind you we won it both times,if you have to flap,abuse the players over bad performances may be you would be better of supporting team of the month to help you live a happier life

Paulmcfc2703 said:
LoveCity said:

We should just throw money at Dortmund and plead with Reus to sign
Not a chance, because Dortmund will qualify to next stage of CL with ease... not so sure about us....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.