Title Race 2020/21

the scousers are coming back into form at just the wrong time....that second goal of theirs vs West ham is the exact type they score against us...really quick break aways.

February is a huge month for us.....a really tough run of games especially with Spurs and Liverpool with also arsenal and a derby on March 3rd

If we can come out of this next run of games with a decent lead at the top then we should be set but I expect us to drop points somewhere (Liverpool and Spurs being the most likely),.......I think its going to be exceptionally close by the end of Feb/start of march
We are all very experienced at getting over the line.

BURNLEY.

I’ve always looked at a 10 point gap as you go into the last 15 games as, barring a disaster, fairly safe, that gap means the leading team would need to lose 4 even if the chasing team won every game.

Exactly.. I fully expect next Sunday’s game to be a played out 0-0 for that very reason. Very little reason for either team to be brave. We could potentially let them back in.. or if they throw caution into the wind they could effectively be looking at top 4 as their domestic aim this time next week.

I think it will be very, very droll until maybe the final 10 mins.. maybe not even at all.

I think if you asked both managers now whether next weeks game could be abandoned and a point each awarded they would both bite your hand off and for polar opposite reasons.

Need to be focussed on Burnley first, as If we don’t all the above could become irrelevant!

Last edited:
When we go to Liverpool Pep will set up like he did last time we played them not over committing because he knows how good they are on the break.
That worries me a little, Pep does have a tendency to overthink big games. Having said that it is more of an issue when we have to go for it which we shouldn’t have to do here.

Could be like 18/19 season in reverse. We head to their place with a potential 7 point lead. If they win its cut to 4 and game on. Hopefully they won't emulate what we did a couple of years ago.

This is our best chance to beat them at klanfield. No giddy fans to encourage their press or brick our bus.

Could be like 18/19 season in reverse. We head to their place with a potential 7 point lead. If they win its cut to 4 and game on. Hopefully they won't emulate what we did a couple of years ago.

This is our best chance to beat them at klanfield. No giddy fans to encourage their press or brick our bus.
difference was we had the games in hand like we do now

I still reckon the will be a "greet" of some sort by a few scruffy urchins probably led by spitty

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.