To lighten the mood we can still at least achieve 2nd

There are still a myriad of possibilities from the remaining four match days. If football results were that easy to pick the fixed odds would get hammered EVERY week.
My personal hope is that we can go into the last match at home to Bayern with them already qualified as Group winners and us needing to match either Napolis or Villareals result to qualify second. A draw or a win isn't impossible if they're sitting pretty as its likely they will rest their better players - still wont be easy. Worst scenario is going into it with them needing a point and us a win although I still believe we can beat anyone on our day that would be a big ask.
My optimistic side says we can do it!

Still totally confident in the team and that we can qualify.

Think people need to just deal with last night "as we have been all day" and move on..We will qualify by winning our next 3 and drawing with Bayern. It was only one game and with all due respect we were playing a fantastic side with years of experience. Had 37 yrs of mostly down times supporting my beloved City and refuse to let one bad game ruin what we have now.

Expected a very tough game and the defeat. And that's how we need to treat it, leave that clown Tevez out of it.

The order of the remaining games isn't bad - beat Villarreal at home and they must think then that they're out of it. Do 'em again away while Napoli don't win either of theirs v Bayern, and it's all smiles again with a great chance of qualifying. Bayern will hopefully have qualified, and probably top, by the time we next meet.

citymad said:
dctid said:
AlexMac said:
Still possible to finish second, if we win at leat 3 games and maybe draw the other.

Does third go into Europa League, we need to accept the possibility and then qualify for Champions League again next season. I wouldn't be overly disappointed with that given what happened tonight.

3rd take us to the Europa League which is very much likely where we will go

Villarea at home can see 3 points but can only see draws at Napoli and Villareal away - Munich at home a draw at absolute best

We have never beaten a Spanish team in Spain and Napoli i think will give Munich a better game i cant see them capitulating like we did and i think it is likely they will get something out of the Munich games

Didn't we beat Barca at the nou camp a few years back ? :)

yes and bilboa

The fact that Munich at home is our last match of the group is a huge plus for us. By that point i expect Munich to have qualified as winners and therefore they should rest players at our place. There's no reason why we can't win that game

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.