To lighten the mood we can still at least achieve 2nd

marco said:
trouble is we will have to rely on bayern as group winners, we will want them to do napoli twice futher to that second place could get clinched with the result in napoli if were level on points with them we would have to better than the draw at the etihad eg 2-2

We don't need any one to do any thing win the remaining 4 games and were defiantly through. win the next three and draw the last game and were most likely through.

Biggest thing is De Jong being back, with him back we should win the next three games.

Can see us beat Villareal at home and away... cannot see us beat Bayern or even get a draw against them at home.... can DEFINITELY not see us beat Napoli on their turf...

Villareal (H) - Win
Villareal (A) - Draw
Napoli (A) - Lose
Bayern (H) - Draw

A grand total of 6 points. Should be enough to finish above Villareal in 3rd.

Ntini77 said:
I see us picking up two wins & two draws. Not sure that will be enough, though.

If we pick up two wins and two draws i think that may be enough. Whats important now is that we beat Villareal at home, if we do that the best case scenario would be we'd be on same points as Napoli, and the worst would be that we'd be two points behind Bayern and 3 behind Napoli. A win vs Villareal will put us in a good position going into the away game against them knowing Bayern will have to play Napoli again when we are away at Villareal

villareal (h) 3
villareal (a) 1
bayern (h) 3
napolia (a) 1

i think 9pts total, possible 2 more points at villareal, but would the 9pts see us through in 2nd spot?

Villareal (h) 3pts
Villareal (a) 1pt
Napoli (a) 3pts
Munich (h) 0pts

Leaving us on 8pts.

Napoli
Bayern (a) 1pt
Bayern (h) 1pt
City (h) 0pts
Villareal (a) 3pts

Leaving Napoli on 9pts.

Munich to win the group. Villareal to finish bottom.

If we pick up 6 points from the next two games and Napoli and Bayern share the spoils in both of their fixtures the group would look like this:

Bayern: 8 pts
City: 7 pts
Napoli: 6 pts
Villarreal: 0 pts

It's not an impossible scenario - following the 5th round of fixtures Bayern might be coming to our place needing a draw or even a win just to qualify, never mind winning the group.

We've been given a huge advantage in playing Villarreal back-to-back, 6 points is a must and then the group is wide open.

We will quailify......

6 points against Villareal & a result in Italy should be enough IMO.
If we do the double over Villareal they're next game is at home to Napoli, surely a team like villareal will not lose 5 on the trot in the Champs lge, same can be said about losing 3 or 4 when they play us but i reckon if we get a good performance at home in 2 weeks then we'll turn them over in they're place!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.