To lighten the mood we can still at least achieve 2nd

Denis Law Back Heel

With us having our double game against Villarreal (In many peoples opinion the the weakest team in our group) so i fully expect 6 points home and away and with Napoli's double game being Bayen I can see 6 points for Bayen so that will put us on 7 points and Napoli on 4 but with us playing Napoli's away could prove to be huge unless we get something out of the Bayen home game witch i think is more than possible, so in my opinion and looking at that there is still alot to play for.

but this is football anything can happen

Still possible to finish second, if we win at leat 3 games and maybe draw the other.

Does third go into Europa League, we need to accept the possibility and then qualify for Champions League again next season. I wouldn't be overly disappointed with that given what happened tonight.

I believe we will flog Villarreal, they have no defensive discipline at all and leave gaps all over the pitch.

But Napoli away and Bayern home are horrendously difficult fixtures so 2nd is a tough ask.

AlexMac said:
Still possible to finish second, if we win at leat 3 games and maybe draw the other.

Does third go into Europa League, we need to accept the possibility and then qualify for Champions League again next season. I wouldn't be overly disappointed with that given what happened tonight.

3rd take us to the Europa League which is very much likely where we will go

Villarea at home can see 3 points but can only see draws at Napoli and Villareal away - Munich at home a draw at absolute best

We have never beaten a Spanish team in Spain and Napoli i think will give Munich a better game i cant see them capitulating like we did and i think it is likely they will get something out of the Munich games

I wouldn't go on calculating other team's results. city need to beat villareal home and away, need to beat napoli away (which could be a problem) and not lose to bayern at home (and if tonight is something to measure by, that will take a lot of effort and preparation).
so yes, second is far from impossible. but it won't be easy, and the whole game (in comparison to tonight and 2 weeks ago) needs to be raised to a new level. it can be achieved.
have faith :)

Wouldn't be surprised to see us win the next two, draw at Napoli, and beat Bayern at home. Bobby will give the players a kick up the arse and they'll want some revenge against bayern.

dctid said:
AlexMac said:

Villarea at home can see 3 points but can only see draws at Napoli and Villareal away - Munich at home a draw at absolute best

We have never beaten a Spanish team in Spain and Napoli i think will give Munich a better game i cant see them capitulating like we did and i think it is likely they will get something out of the Munich games

Didn't we beat Barca at the nou camp a few years back ? :)

dctid said:
AlexMac said:

In what way did we capitulate, we conceded two crappy goals and that was it.

We haven't started well and it will be a massive task to qualify to the knock out stages from here on in.

More than likely we will finish third but its our first crack at it and hopefully we will learn for the better for the experience.

More importantly is to qualify automatically next year and challenge the Rags for the title.

Provided we don't implode with all this schoolboy stuff going on recently and let it effect the team in a more permanent way we have no excuse if we don't give Manure and perhaps Chelsea a serious challenge this season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.