To lighten the mood we can still at least achieve 2nd

as long as we have De Jong we will beat a team like Napoli who rely on the counter attack, even if they are home.

Bayern I am fairly certain we will beat especially if they are already through.

AlexMac said:
Still possible to finish second, if we win at leat 3 games and maybe draw the other.

That more than sees us through. Two wins and two draws should do us fine.<br /><br />-- Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:46 am --<br /><br />
mancity1 said:
We haven't started well and it will be a massive task to qualify to the knock out stages from here on in.

More than likely we will finish third but its our first crack at it and hopefully we will learn for the better for the experience.

More importantly is to qualify automatically next year and challenge the Rags for the title.

Provided we don't implode with all this schoolboy stuff going on recently and let it effect the team in a more permanent way we have no excuse if we don't give Manure and perhaps Chelsea a serious challenge this season.

Dont agree...2 wins and 2 draws is very possible; this was always going to be our toughest game.

I do agree our work in the Premier league is more important though.

Bazzmand Show said:
In what way did we capitulate, we conceded two crappy goals and that was it.

Spot on mate, if the defence hadn't stood around admiring Hart's saves instead of kicking the ball away then we may have managed a draw.

We need to get the defenders to defend.

I can see us still getting second, a good win against Villareal and we'll be on our way.

My lad thinks second place is well within our compass, and he's a BlueDipper. However, I worry about Italo-Germanic collusion in the two Bayern v Napoli games. They will engineer results that do us the most damage 'cos nothing is more obvious, and not just from a playing point of view, that Bayern, self-appointed aristocrats, snobs, and the MANUre of Germany, would dearly love to have us out of the CL at the earliest opportunity.

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
My lad thinks second place is well within our compass, and he's a BlueDipper. However, I worry about Italo-Germanic collusion in the two Bayern v Napoli games. They will engineer results that do us the most damage 'cos nothing is more obvious, and not just from a playing point of view, that Bayern, self-appointed aristocrats, snobs, and the MANUre of Germany, would dearly love to have us out of the CL at the earliest opportunity.

Bayern have one goal and that's to finish top of the group and get an easier tie in the next round. The final is at their ground and they are desperate to make it.

Lets beat Villareal in 3 weeks then reassess it. One game at a time.

We certainly need to go to Naples with something to hang onto. If they need to beat us I can see us getting what we need as we wont play into their counter attacking hands.

Bayern at home is winnable. Especially if they are already though and have players on cards etc that they want to protect for the knockouts.

I remember Newcastle losing their first 3 matches years ago then winning the last 3 and going through - its not over yet!

Last season we were shit away from home in Europe. I can't see it from here. The only positive is the 2 games v villareal and the first being at home. Win that and they are out so the 2nd game would be easier. Napoli away a tough ask for us

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Last season we were shit away from home in Europe. I can't see it from here. The only positive is the 2 games v villareal and the first being at home. Win that and they are out so the 2nd game would be easier. Napoli away a tough ask for us

Thats the spirit fella,listen if we dont get to the knock out stages we will be there again next year,unlike Tottenham we ARE the real deal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.