To those Leaving Early

shadygiz said:
kippax neil said:
oakiecokie said:
So fucking what !!!
I seem to remember not too long ago that City fans would leave early because of the shit games we provided.
At least fans are laeving early,for whatever reasons,HAPPY !!

So now that we're playing well and we've got some of the best players the club has ever had, I wonder what it would take for some to stop to the end?

better access routes to & from the stadium...better car park entrances & exits....bigger & better car parks facilities closer to the ground.....cheaper car parking at the ground......possibly the metro will ease some of this, but i have my doubts

first and foremost make the exits bigger and faster and then drop the price for parking

It'll be great when the metrolink starts up, but it won't stop people from leaving early.

It's a habit and has been for 30+ years.

I often have to leave early due to working shifts, last night though there was no way I was leaving before the final whistle, ended up 15mins late for work, well worth it though, I can see this becoming a regular occurance.

Not read all the pages but last night there were people leaving as the clock reached 80 minutes. I take on board everyone's own reasons, and I will accept rushing out just before the end of injury time to get out one of the first but for me leaving on the 80th minute is just utterly pathetic. I think that's embarrassing quite frankly. If beating the traffic means more than seeing a world class player score a goal like that, then why not just go the whole hog and not bother going.

Franny Lee's Barrel Chest said:
Not read all the pages but last night there were people leaving as the clock reached 80 minutes. I take on board everyone's own reasons, and I will accept rushing out just before the end of injury time to get out one of the first but for me leaving on the 80th minute is just utterly pathetic. I think that's embarrassing quite frankly. If beating the traffic means more than seeing a world class player score a goal like that, then why not just go the whole hog and not bother going.

applause.gif

Roger Ringpiece said:
To those who leave early:

It's your choice, nothing to do with anyone else how long you do or don't stay, you pay for your tickets so how you use them is up to you.

Nobody's is saying it isn't and I think they are intelligent enough to know it's their choice. It just looks shit when the final whistle goes and the players are all happy and cheering and look round to see thousands of empty seats!

-- Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:35 pm --

shadygiz said:
i left early & missed Kun's 2nd goal...my loss, so what

you just said it. you missed a special goal and you helped embarrass the club, well done.

bringer678 said:
Roger Ringpiece said:
To those who leave early:

It's your choice, nothing to do with anyone else how long you do or don't stay, you pay for your tickets so how you use them is up to you.

Nobody's is saying it isn't and I think they are intelligent enough to know it's their choice. It just looks shit when the final whistle goes and the players are all happy and cheering and look round to see thousands of empty seats!

-- Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:35 pm --

shadygiz said:
i left early & missed Kun's 2nd goal...my loss, so what

you just said it. you missed a special goal and you helped embarrass the club, well done.
wrong why did he embarrass the club?

SWP's back said:
cyberblue said:
What advantage do you get by leaving early you just get stuck in traffic earlier ? would you leave the pictures 10 min early ? but if you pay £36 for a ticket it up to you if you want to waste your money

The difference in leaving 5 minutes early can save 3/4 hour if you live in Lancaster. I used to do it from time to time on a night match before I moved to Manchester. You don't get stuck going away from the ground and can get home in an hour from leaving your seat. If you stay, it was always 1 1/2 to 2 hours.

I don't do it anymore as there is no reason to but don't have a go at those that do as they probably spend far more time going to and from games than the rest of us.

people who live a long way away are excused for night games, but I don't think we have about 20k fans that live so far away they need to go early, we're not man united. Infact not even man utd with all their out of towners have that percentage of fans leaving early.

shadygiz said:
kippax neil said:
oakiecokie said:
So fucking what !!!
I seem to remember not too long ago that City fans would leave early because of the shit games we provided.
At least fans are laeving early,for whatever reasons,HAPPY !!

So now that we're playing well and we've got some of the best players the club has ever had, I wonder what it would take for some to stop to the end?

better access routes to & from the stadium...better car park entrances & exits....bigger & better car parks facilities closer to the ground.....cheaper car parking at the ground......possibly the metro will ease some of this, but i have my doubts

first and foremost make the exits bigger and faster and then drop the price for parking

Shady:
Just for interest, I'm roughly over same way as you. Left on final whistle, I'm half way up 3rd tier east stand, normally one of last out but didn't get out too bad. Waited about 5 min for mate at Asda. Walked (ambled) to Clayton Lane directly behind new Etihad Campus (20 min at least) and dropped my mate off at bottom of Motty Rd. in Stalybridge at 10:50. Ashton Old Rd was decent once past Openshaw lights and not too bad before them, better than a normal matchday. How long did it take you to get back and were you on East car park-only it seems they let a lot on there last night without paying regard to egress??

I've always found it weird that we could get back from Maine Rd to Vegas quicker than from Etihad/COMS, which is nearer home. (Traffic flow, more cars on road, more lights, similar distance to parking but easier to get out of Kippax). For a 3 o'clock kick off we were home 5.25 from MR and now it's getting on for 6pm from Etihad to same place (if I remember correctly last time we had a Sat 3pm and I made this journey).

ha ha fuck me, not an ounce of perspective going on here. 'Disgusted' at those leaving early? what a prick, funny how people grade there love of city and insist that they love em more because they stand up all game, sing, never leave early, buy all the new tops etc etc etc blah blah blah.

people really will leave when they want and not be arsed by some sad prick worrying about it, get a fuckin life eh?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.