To those Leaving Early

SWP's back said:
BurnCK said:
Leaving 5 mins early saves 1hr ? Maybe on occasion like derbies, but not everytime.

I left at the whistle, walked from North stand to car park near The Townley and it was only about 10mins before I was clear of the traffic around the ground and on a free run home. I'm not sure how it takes 1hr to get away from the ground.

Depends which way you live doesn't it! Do you have to go down Mancunian Way?

Yeah, everytime. Usually fine once you hit Ancoats / Mancunian way. It's getting to that point that usually takes the longest.

But hey, I'm not having a go. I'm just saying that it's very rare that I get stuck in traffic for that long.

BurnCK said:
Leaving 5 mins early saves 1hr ? Maybe on occasion like derbies, but not everytime.

I left at the whistle, walked from North stand to car park near The Townley and it was only about 10mins before I was clear of the traffic around the ground and on a free run home. I'm not sure how it takes 1hr to get away from the ground.

yes, because a 1/3rd of the traffic had already left EARLY

i did stay to the end, well about secs to go, but i can understand why people leave early as our mini bus was stood in traffic till gone 10-45, and i got to donny at 12-30, which might not look bad, but as im up at4-30 for work it was shite

It did make me smile i must admit, can never understand why people leave early but it is their choice, they made the wrong choice last night though.

shadygiz said:
BurnCK said:

Ha, yeah good point. Maybe when we eventually get Metrolink up to Eastlands they'll be less of a need to leave early. When you compare us to others, it does always seem to be us that leave early in force.

BurnCK said:
shadygiz said:
BurnCK said:

Ha, yeah good point. Maybe when we eventually get Metrolink up to Eastlands they'll be less of a need to leave early. When you compare us to others, it does always seem to be us that leave early in force.

tbh, i dont think the metro will make that much difference to people leaving early....take arsenal for example, they have their own dedicated tube station on a tube system that has been operational for years...and yet they still have issues with the ground emptying early.

oakiecokie said:
Carver said:
To all those who left early to sit in traffic stuck on Alan Turing Way waiting for the Ashton New Road traffic lights to change for 15 minutes... Ha bloody Ha! How many goals did you miss leaving with 10 min to go last season, not many 'cos we didn't score many at the end.

However, you missed a cracking goal from Kun, the sight of this going in was only beaten by the sharp intake of breath around the ground and people looking at one another as if to say 'what are we unleashing on the permeir league', which of course you won't be able to experience on any TV replay.

I do understand that some travel from the midlands and beyond and you lot are excused, but if you're within a 1 hour drive of the ground just how impoortant is that pint in your local when you get home?

I've paid to watch the whole game- so I do! I hate it when the ground is a quarter empty at the final whistle.

Rant over.

So fucking what !!!
I seem to remember not too long ago that City fans would leave early because of the shit games we provided.
At least fans are laeving early,for whatever reasons,HAPPY !!

So now that we're playing well and we've got some of the best players the club has ever had, I wonder what it would take for some to stop to the end?

This has been going on for years.
It was the same at Maine Rd.
You could say it stemmed from watching shit games. Older ones of you will remember a DJ, Simon Dee who hosted an evening chat show programme
from Manchester for a while back in late 60s eary 70s, cannot remember
exactly.
Dee wasnt a foorball fan but being in Manchester someone took him
along to a midweek game against Southampton which we won 4-1, again
cannot remember exact score.

Next night on his show he remarked how much he enjoyed it and how
good City were but finished by saying "but why did all those City fans leave early"

kippax neil said:
oakiecokie said:
Carver said:
To all those who left early to sit in traffic stuck on Alan Turing Way waiting for the Ashton New Road traffic lights to change for 15 minutes... Ha bloody Ha! How many goals did you miss leaving with 10 min to go last season, not many 'cos we didn't score many at the end.

However, you missed a cracking goal from Kun, the sight of this going in was only beaten by the sharp intake of breath around the ground and people looking at one another as if to say 'what are we unleashing on the permeir league', which of course you won't be able to experience on any TV replay.

I do understand that some travel from the midlands and beyond and you lot are excused, but if you're within a 1 hour drive of the ground just how impoortant is that pint in your local when you get home?

I've paid to watch the whole game- so I do! I hate it when the ground is a quarter empty at the final whistle.

Rant over.

So fucking what !!!
I seem to remember not too long ago that City fans would leave early because of the shit games we provided.
At least fans are laeving early,for whatever reasons,HAPPY !!

So now that we're playing well and we've got some of the best players the club has ever had, I wonder what it would take for some to stop to the end?

better access routes to & from the stadium...better car park entrances & exits....bigger & better car parks facilities closer to the ground.....cheaper car parking at the ground......possibly the metro will ease some of this, but i have my doubts

first and foremost make the exits bigger and faster and then drop the price for parking

I usually leave on 90 mins when extra time is anounced so i have time to run round the away section from 111 to get to the buses. If i didnt i would have been stood in pouring rain for atleast 10 minutes.
Luckily last night i stayed for one more attack and it rewarded me :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.