To those Leaving Early

What advantage do you get by leaving early you just get stuck in traffic earlier ? would you leave the pictures 10 min early ? but if you pay £36 for a ticket it up to you if you want to waste your money

cyberblue said:
What advantage do you get by leaving early you just get stuck in traffic earlier ? would you leave the pictures 10 min early ? but if you pay £36 for a ticket it up to you if you want to waste your money

The difference in leaving 5 minutes early can save 3/4 hour if you live in Lancaster. I used to do it from time to time on a night match before I moved to Manchester. You don't get stuck going away from the ground and can get home in an hour from leaving your seat. If you stay, it was always 1 1/2 to 2 hours.

I don't do it anymore as there is no reason to but don't have a go at those that do as they probably spend far more time going to and from games than the rest of us.

i am gutted as i leftin extra time litterally left the ground when we scored. but the thing is is if i didnt leave as soon as pos i might not be going home due to transport reasons.

but so happy about aguero

could be the new tevez or better

their loss!

Complete strangers were hugging each other as the realisation hit home of what we were witnessing when that last one went in

Sheer ecstacy and disbelief all mixed together

We're not really here

:-)

Carver said:
BlueStone said:
Are we excused because we live in Stoke and have to be at work at 0700hrs.

You will be moaning we get there too early next FFS.

Poor nonconstructive post imo sorry.

Yes mate, Stoke was in the midlands and was over an hour away from the ground last time I went there. Try reading the 'constructive' part of my post.

I'm in the same boat, living in Stoke and had to be at work for seven, but guttingly, I'd just left my seat and was halfway towards the spiral when I heard the roar for the fourth. If only I'd stayed an extra 30 seconds.....

Those who missed the goal missed a season, or maybe an era defining moment. The game was won. The goal didn't change the game, but it gave every watching City fan a window on the future. Kun is ours and he's going to score goals and terrorise defences week after week, and we are privileged to be able to watch it.

For so many years we watched City teams struggle and were humiliated and ground down season by season. This is what we were all waiting for and dreaming for.

The Fat el Hombre said:
I can understand people leaving early from a night match on a Monday night, but as the OP says, they missed a very special moment. Their loss

Ah, someone who can read and understand what I actually posted.

The original post was supposed to be about consequences, I personally don't like to see the ground emptying 10 minutes before the end for the effect that it can have on the players. Last night it also appeared to me to be a little condescending to those Swansea fans who'd travelled many miles on a wet Monday night. I was pointing out that those stuck in traffic could have seen a cracking goal, left 15 minutes later and only been 5 or 10 minutes later getting home.

I always leave my seat when in goes into added time but dont leave the ground, just head to the back of the stands. Its packed at the back of the stands during added time. If there's a break in player I'll run down to another block nearer the exits and watch from there. My aim is to be one of the first out of the exits when the final whistle goes.

I can imagine that the sight of my empty seat may upset some but I dont care. I followed my normal routinelast year when we lost at home to Arsenal, but because lots of fans actually did leave early I ended up getting home 45 mins later than usual.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.