today has proved we dont need stand leaders

bluebird113 said:
Even the library that is EL3 got a little excited today
I'm EL3 308. It's always lively around me...much to the annoyance of others! Haha!

there are already stand 'leaders'

but usually the can't be arsed brigade don't bother to join in with them

big game though today and they were all up for it :-)

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
Bloody great atmosphere in 323 today. We near took the roof off, and we finished off wi' minced pies. Thanks to the young lass who gave us one. Brilliant day. I'm tekkin' Christmas cake for the next match.
Even 326 got giddy but only one person with magic coffee

I sit (can't stand) in East Stand level 2 and sing if we're winning, drawing or losing. Don't care if I sing alone or with others. Stopped today for a mo when out 5th goal went in, as I had 4 - 2 on the coupon, but only a mo.

I didn't think the atmosphere was that bad today in fact it was very good. We won 6-3 against top of the league so to be fair i couldn't give a flying f*ck if the atmosphere wasn't quite what some people wanted.

We (South stand) were brilliant today. Proved that on a big match there's no better place to be.

I think the people saying it wasn't that good are referring to the whole ground atmosphere, which other than the odd BM, didn't seem that good.

salfordblues said:
We (South stand) were brilliant today. Proved that on a big match there's no better place to be.

I think the people saying it wasn't that good are referring to the whole ground atmosphere, which other than the odd BM, didn't seem that good.
you only think the south stand is good if your stood in the middle of it anywhere else and the sound just doesn't travel

uwerosler28 said:
salfordblues said:

you only think the south stand is good if your stood in the middle of it anywhere else and the sound just doesn't travel

Agree with this totally.

I am in 109 and while I thought the atmosphere was good in the singing section today, whether the rest of the ground heard it is another matter.

We couldn't really hear the South Stand at all, and they probably couldn't hear us.

Not getting into the tedious debate of which is better, but the design of the stadium doesn't lend itself to promoting a great atmosphere.

I think the place is poor acoustically in general. We sang all the way through yesterday but could not hear the Arsenal fans. Watch it on the box and you can hear the Arsenal fans and the occasional Blue Moon. The song to Walcott was funny, sang really loud and by loads of us yet not picked up.

So, agree with op - no stand leaders required, just need to work out why the acoustics are like they are and do something about that. Think it something to do with overhang of the second tier?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.