today has proved we dont need stand leaders

strongbowholic said:
I think the place is poor acoustically in general. We sang all the way through yesterday but could not hear the Arsenal fans. Watch it on the box and you can hear the Arsenal fans and the occasional Blue Moon. The song to Walcott was funny, sang really loud and by loads of us yet not picked up.

So, agree with op - no stand leaders required, just need to work out why the acoustics are like they are and do something about that. Think it something to do with overhang of the second tier?

Yeah, stop any mic's being in front of the away end, move them in front of the City end (but you'd have to stop singing the paedo song and Munich chants) and work out if they can do something to the bottom of the 2nd tier and maybe roof to bounce back the audio, I would hope in stand redesigns they would have thought about acoustics.

Pablo1 said:
bluebird113 said:
Even the library that is EL3 got a little excited today
I'm EL3 308. It's always lively around me...much to the annoyance of others! Haha!

Yep, I'm 309 and yesterday we even had some bloke dressed as Dr Hook to encourage plenty of singing!

'When you're in love with a beautiful City......'

As others have stated, I thought the atmosphere was good/pretty decent yesterday.(standing in 111)

Plenty of continual songs, old and new.

Yes, there were some quiet spells, but that is part and parcel of English football. On the continent singing for 90 minutes regardless of the scoreline is the norm.

Thought Arsenal's fan were quieter compared to previous season's. That could be down to our dominance on the pitch and the shoreline, but I think it was also down to our support, mainly from the singing sections either side of them. Both sections sounded loud and came out with some grant retorts and piss-taking chants.

What is obvious is the lack of support from other parts of the stadium at times. That's not pointing the finger. I'd like to see the *whole stadium* get behind the team more often.

Another thing that doesn't help the atmosphere is the height of the roof and the concrete overhangs.(level 2) They don't help the atmosphere whatsoever acoustically.

The atmosphere will be good again against Liverpool. It will probably be back to normal against Palace.

As for stand leaders. I don't think it will work. It's worth a try though. What is needed is a proper singing section, which I've already touched on.

jrb said:
As others have stated, I thought the atmosphere was good/pretty decent yesterday.(standing in 111)

Yes, there were some quiet spells, but that is part and parcel of English football. On the continent singing for 90 minutes regardless of the shoreline is the norm.

Thought Arsenal's fan were quieter compared to previous season's. That could be down to our dominance on the pitch and the shoreline, but I think it was also down to our support, mainly from the singing sections either side of them. Both sections sounded loud and came out with some grant retorts and piss-taking chants.

What is obvious is the lack of support from other parts of the stadium at times. That's not pointing the finger. I'd like to see the *whole stadium* get behind the team more often.

Another thing that doesn't help the atmosphere is the height of the roof and the concrete overhangs.(level 2) The don't help the atmosphere whatsoever.

The atmosphere will be good again against Liverpool. It will probably be back to normal against Palace.

As for stand leaders. I don't think it will work. It's worth a try though. What is needed is a proper singing section, which I've already touched on.

yh when the tide's out it's like a morgue at the Etihad.

jrb said:

Yes, there were some quiet spells, but that is part and parcel of English football. On the continent singing for 90 minutes regardless of the scoreline is the norm.

Another thing that doesn't help the atmosphere is the height of the roof and the concrete overhangs.(level 2) They don't help the atmosphere whatsoever acoustically.

the design of the stadium has nothing to with atmosphere, anyone that went to the hamburg game will know that, we just need people to sing. When your in the south stand or 110 111 the atmosphere sounds good, but me sitting in the north stand it really doesnt sound like those sections sing that much tbh.

Re:

EricBrooksGhost said:
Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
Bloody great atmosphere in 323 today. We near took the roof off, and we finished off wi' minced pies. Thanks to the young lass who gave us one. Brilliant day. I'm tekkin' Christmas cake for the next match.
Even 326 got giddy but only one person with magic coffee

Was it John's coffee in 323. Soon as he got the cap off I could smell the Irish!!

EricBrooksGhost said:
Bloody great atmosphere in 323 today. We near took the roof off, and we finished off wi' minced pies. Thanks to the young lass who gave us one. Brilliant day. I'm tekkin' Christmas cake for the next match.
Even 326 got giddy but only one person with magic coffee

Was it John's coffee* in 323. Soon as he got the cap off I could smell the Irish!!

* "Like the drink, only not spelled the same". ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.