Today wasn't the day we MIGHT have lost the title, it was ?

united could easly drop points in the games they will be expected to win and they will, i see us beating united and drawing with arsenal and chelsea anything else is a bonus, just done the bbc predictor and nothing really changes only margin for error that now means we simply cant afford to fuck up again. reverse the situation with united would you swap being 1 point ahead with going to the swamp or be 1 point behind and have home advantage?

Anyone post a pic of the prem trophy being presented at OT this afternoon?

Surely its been handed over judging by the sentiment on all these threads?

The defeatism on this board today is truly pathetic.

Its vital that we stay in the europa on Thursday. We have to make sure this seasons effort isn't all for nothing.

moomba said:
I expected we'd be well clear after their run against Chelsea (a), Arsenal (a), Scousers (h) and to a lesser extent Tottenham (a). 10 points from those games made it so much harder for us, and made games like today much worse to handle.

Whereas I expected United to beat Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal and Liverpool.

Too many people bought into the united are a spent force nonsense. I have always said whoever finishes above United will win the league.

We know exactly what we need to do to claw the ONE point back and if we don't win the league, let's at least go down fighting.

We have 10 games left and a shitload of points to play for. After the defeat today it's far to easy to write us off and say we nearly got there. It's true that there is a small chance that we will go on to win the next 10 and lift the title in May. However nothing ventured nothing gained as they say and we won't get there without hard work, but if we dust ourselves down and head into the next 10 with the right attiude and focus then who knows. I have said for a long time this title race is going to be a battle of wills and the day we roll over and give up with a 1pt deficit is the day we should hang up our bananas and shut up shop as fans. Growing up as a city fan in the shadow of the rags has taught me that passion,belief and loyalty are the most important factors and to be honest the events of the past few years have felt like an amazing dream. Don't give up on us for the title after today blues :) CTWD.

citymad said:
Its vital that we stay in the europa on Thursday. We have to make sure this seasons effort isn't all for nothing.
Once we get past the Monday morning wankfest the papers and talksport will be we can get back on track. As i stated in the OP I haven't given up on the title just yet I just highlighted where I think we might have lost it and that was without us playing, anyone else but Utd and we would be saying they have done well to keep tab with us but because its them we won't hear that.

I'm still struggling with the thread title....

Read it a few times now and it still doesn't make sense.

;-)

jay_mcfc said:
Although it has always been in our hands and we should have done better today, you have to say United have done brilliantly these past couple of months. Looking at the last 6/7 fixtures and looking at the next ten, I was hoping we were going to be 5 points at least ahead of them at this point. As it is we are now trailing. The good news is it is still in our hands and we are capable of winning every game. We have to go out and prove it now.
Still in our hands. But it's slipping through our fingers. We can feel it.

Get the dilettantes out and fighters like Dzeko, and Kolarov in the team. And Tevez on the bench too

It's on days like these that you respect players like John Terry. Leaders who refuse to accept defeat and drive you on at 0-0.

Uwes Grandad said:
moomba said:
I expected we'd be well clear after their run against Chelsea (a), Arsenal (a), Scousers (h) and to a lesser extent Tottenham (a). 10 points from those games made it so much harder for us, and made games like today much worse to handle.

Whereas I expected United to beat Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal and Liverpool.

Too many people bought into the united are a spent force nonsense. I have always said whoever finishes above United will win the league.

I have said the same, and I certainly have never thought they were a spent force. But it's a tough run of matches and sadly they've done very well in them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.