Todays Mirror

Seems the media as a whole are now determined to show us in a bad light and not just the bitter reds over at the Mirror.

MOTD normally dismiss every win by focusing on how poor or unlucky the opposition are.

In the CL, beat Bayern in their own back yard and all the focus is on an oversight from the manager where we might have scored 4 IF Augero was brought on.

I just laugh at it.....

Disagree that our reserve team is a huge drop (see Bayern away) but he does highlight the problem on an individual basis. Boyata and Garcia.

Cobwebcat said:
Disagree that our reserve team is a huge drop (see Bayern away) but he does highlight the problem on an individual basis. Boyata and Garcia.

Didn't Boyata play well? Some cracking balls into the box from what I remember, never caught out of position in defense.

Brendan110_0 said:
Gingers Dad said:
It's a typically snide article from the Mirror but there are some valid points in there.

There's no valid points at all, another day we get 20 shots ON target, worst team that we've played, 1 - 0 down and they still never came out of their half. Respect to them for getting every effort on target though.

We might have had 23 shots or whatever but let's be honest at least 21 of them weren't any trouble at all to the Palace keeper. They had the better chances and Joe Hart was a lot harder worked than Speroni (hence his motm award) so imo its easy to see how an outsider can see our win as ill deserved.

I love where were headed as a team and under this management structure but yesterday was poor and Palace - however anti football it may be - defended very well and on another day could have managed a couple of goals on top of that.

Dominating possession does not mean you automatically deserve to win, in my opinion.

Brendan110_0 said:
Cobwebcat said:

Didn't Boyata play well? Some cracking balls into the box from what I remember, never caught out of position in defense.

Caught out of position quite a few times if I recall one ending in Hart's injury.

ayrshire_blue said:
Brendan110_0 said:
Gingers Dad said:
It's a typically snide article from the Mirror but there are some valid points in there.

There's no valid points at all, another day we get 20 shots ON target, worst team that we've played, 1 - 0 down and they still never came out of their half. Respect to them for getting every effort on target though.

We might have had 23 shots or whatever but let's be honest at least 21 of them weren't any trouble at all to the Palace keeper. They had the better chances and Joe Hart was a lot harder worked than Speroni (hence his motm award) so imo its easy to see how an outsider can see our win as ill deserved.

I love where were headed as a team and under this management structure but yesterday was poor and Palace - however anti football it may be - defended very well and on another day could have managed a couple of goals on top of that.

Dominating possession does not mean you automatically deserve to win, in my opinion.
We had better chances.

What no mention of a title charge?
No murmur of being unbeaten in 10 games?
Not a peep of how we clawed back an 8 point gap to overtake arsenal??
Well well well that does surprise me, I thought the rag loving press would be all over it like a rash.....

Brendan110_0 said:
Cobwebcat said:

I personally thought he was awful.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.