Today's shooting in America thread

Yup, but the point some people were making was about the original (and old) wording of 2A still being extant. You responded with Magna Carta, but it is not extant.
I’m making not only a factual argument, but also a conceptual argument.

America, and Americans, have a very close relationship to the fact that the Constitution is not just a foundational document, but one which informs daily life and controls the legislative agenda.

We can, and have, chase our tails until we flop on the floor gasping for breathe OR we can agree that America would be a much safer place to live if guns were removed from the public forum, but that it is not likely to happen until AT LEAST TWO (but more probably 3) Right Wing SCOTUS JUSTICES leave the Court AND are replaced by LEFT LEANING JUSTICES!

Don’t wake me up until then!

Gunning down Presidents didn’t change it.
Sandy Hook didn’t change it.
Bluemoon definitely won’t change it.

This is the reality of which I speak.

Last edited:
I’m making not only a factual argument, but also a conceptual argument.

America, and Americans, have a very close relationship to the fact that the Constitution is not just a foundational document, but one which informs daily life and controls the legislative agenda.

We can, and have, chase our tails until we flip on the floor gasping for breathe OR we can agree that America would be a much safer place to live if guns were removed from the public forum, but that it is not likely to happen until AT LEAST TWO (but more probably 3) Right Wing SCOTUS JUSTICES leave the Court AND are replaced by LEFT LEANING JUSTICES!

Don’t wake me up until then!

Gunning down Presidents didn’t change it.
Sandy Hook didn’t change it.
Bluemoon definitely won’t change it.

This is the reality I speak of.
Sandy Hook was the one that sunk in for me. The slaughter of young kids.. if It didn’t happen after that.. it would take fundamental changes over a long time. If it ever does.

Sandy Hook was the one that sunk in for me. The slaughter of young kids.. if It didn’t happen after that.. it would take fundamental changes over a long time. If it ever does.
Indeed.

People simply don’t understand the psyche of tens of millions of Americans and hundreds of years of jurisprudence.

I try to explain the reality of it, but it often falls on deaf ears as people run to their corners and hurl uninformed opinions.

I will always abide by the law, whichever direction it lurches.

It’s somewhat ironic that when the Capitol was stormed on January 6th, they didn’t need to use guns.
One of the most surprising elements of that day is that only one person was shot, and it was a woman trying to climb through a window.

One of the reasons Americans have guns, though, is yo resist the Govt coming to your house, not you going to theirs.

One of the most surprising elements of that day is that only one person was shot, and it was a woman trying to climb through a window.

One of the reasons Americans have guns, though, is yo resist the Govt coming to your house, not you going to theirs.
That’s less of an issue, unless you live in the Middle East.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.