Today's shooting in America thread

Excuses for not tackling the wider issues surrounding gun ownership. The guy who just killed all those people in Buffalo had a LEGALLY owned assault style weapon. Not one single civilian has a legitimate reason for owning one of those weapons aside from simply wanting to own one.
I agree, there's no need for anybody to own an assault style weapon. I'm quite happy that they are banned here.

You don’t understand what you are saying, let alone what you are reading. In America, they have ACTUAL AMERICAN JUDGES who interpret laws for us, as opposed to Brits who like to post on a soccer Forum over breakfast.

Crazy system, I know, but what can I say?!

And, much as you believe 2A doesn’t apply, many conservatives believe it is more relevant today than ever. Go figure!
I blame that bastard Washington. Bigger grifter than Trump.

It's only purpose is to kill things, yes. What else do you do with it? Open a tin of beans?
Its sole purpose to injure or threaten to injure a target.

It has effectively no other purpose. What other good can one say that about?

Explosives? Blade weapons? I can think of several practical purposes for these items, industrial and consumer-based.

For guns, the social good from days of yore was as tools that could be used to hunt for food. But we have an entire commercial supply chain to solve that problem.

Is self-protection a social good? Yes. But in this case the good is achieved by, again, injury or a threat to injure -- unlike, say, body armo(u)r, or insurance.

As I've written many times before, I have no problem with stricter interpretations on 2A to allow for regular citizen ownership of guns. I agree we have a process for changing amendments. I agree it is well-nigh impossible to change.

But as they provide effectively zero social utility beyond harm or a threat to harm, the manufacture, sale and possession of them should be THE most highly-regulated value chain in consumer goods by a landslide.

And it isn't even remotely close.

And the gun industry and the "law-abiding" gunowners suckered in by the lobby will do whatever they can to insure that such regulations are loosened, not strengthened.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.