Today's shooting in America thread

Not answering stupid questions to which you (should) already know the answer.

Read Heller, if you really care. I am pretty sure you won’t read it.
I’ve read Heller. Wait til this Court gets a hold of clause 2, which rather cavalierly holds that 2A does not offer an “unlimited” right to weaponry. It will when they’re done, especially given this group’s fairly obvious lack of regard for stare decisis. They’ll zero right in on that “weapons of the time” portion to allow legal soldier-grade possession by the citizenry of today’s weapons. And the NRA will file a glittering patriotic amicus brief.

I’ll stand by my initial statement:

The “normalization” is because it has ALWAYS BEEN NORMAL. The use of that term suggests abnormality, which is completely false.

We were always talking about the USA. Injecting other countries and cultures into the equation is specious.
You can't see it, can you, how abnormal your acceptance of normal attitudes the rest of the world regards as abnormal is?

I'm going out tomorrow night. I have a 15 minute walk to the pub in the village, and I'm not going to be shot on the way there as I trudge along the pavement, and probably trip up at some point on the way home.

Enjoy telling your kids how to evade bullets. Zig Zag, boys and girls, and run for your lives.

@SWP's back made the point that US citizens aren't allowed to keep tank's that fire rounds... or grenades, or artillery, or armed planes, or warships, or missile systems, or torpedo/missile submarines, or NCB weapons... so if none of those are allowed under the wording of 2A's 'right to bear arms', then 2A's 'right to bear arms' is very selective and has been subjectively changed to literally mean 'pistols and rifles (and anything below - bow and arrows, blades etc).
The basic answer to that is that the manufacturers of missiles, tanks and submarines don't heavily lobby (bribe) politicians to remove any restrictions to the general public buying them. They might lobby them for more military spending, but that's a different story.

I’ve read Heller. Wait til this Court gets a hold of clause 2, which rather cavalierly holds that 2A does not offer an “unlimited” right to weaponry. It will when they’re done, especially given this group’s fairly obvious lack of regard for stare decisis. They’ll zero right in on that “weapons of the time” portion to allow legal soldier-grade possession by the citizenry of today’s weapons. And the NRA will file a glittering patriotic amicus brief.
I think the Rs have no desire to make an issue of 2A.

You can't see it, can you, how abnormal your acceptance of normal attitudes the rest of the world regards as abnormal is?

I'm going out tomorrow night. I have a 15 minute walk to the pub in the village, and I'm not going to be shot on the way there as I trudge along the pavement, and probably trip up at some point on the way home.

Enjoy telling your kids how to evade bullets. Zig Zag, boys and girls, and run for your lives.
You are a special kind of crazy, aren’t you?!

Sounds like you posted just after you got back from tripping home!

It’s fair to say that the U.K. IS morally superior when it comes to the regulation of firearms for the protection of it’s citizens.
As the U.K. becomes ever more Americanised, my concern is that their gun manufacturers will seek a new market here.
For those who think it can't/won't happen, consider the creeping privatisation of OUR N.H.S.
Everything is for sale to the highest bidder (briber?) by this lying, immoral, law breaking shower which we have the absolute and utter misfortune to be governed by.

As the U.K. becomes ever more Americanised, my concern is that their gun manufacturers will seek a new market here.
For those who think it can't/won't happen, consider the creeping privatisation of OUR N.H.S.
Everything is for sale to the highest bidder (briber?) by this lying, immoral, law breaking shower which we have the absolute and utter misfortune to be governed by.
Why would they do that? No one in America who owns a gun doesn’t need another one. Ask those who own. The sky’s the limit on the market, and many pesky restrictions will be lifted across the board. Whoopee!

Maybe we can expand our chocolate-flavored vape business over there though. You’ve got some kids unaddicted to nicotine as of yet, right?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.