Today's shooting in America thread

The time to do something was the first mass shooting. Australia had a mass shooting in Port Arthur and they said never again and cracked down on it. The UK had the Dunblane massacre and they said never again and cracked down on handgun ownership. The US has had countless and they decide an ancient piece of paper is worth more than their own citizens lives, their own fucking children.

The decision was made and you can’t put that genie back in its bottle. This will never stop over there. I couldn’t even imagine sending your kid to school and having to worry you’ll never see them again.

Hey, well at least the NRA has "thoughts and prayers" for the deceased... Goddamn bastards.
Im all for liberty but confiscating guns in the UK and Aus couldn’t have been clearer as a good decision. We still have violent crime, murders and the odd terror attack but it would be much much worse if you gave the population guns. My grandson can go to school without any of us having to worry about him being murdered.

I wish you all the luck in the states with sorting this shit out, dead kids is about as bad as it gets.

Come on, at least read the things you're posting. The statista graph you posted said 63 out of 127 had prior mental issues. The other 64 were unclear, none or unknown.

Also, no the Buffalo shooter made a threat, that's not a diagnosed mental health issue.
At least read what I posted. You said '50% show zero signs at all' and i was pointing out that the graph actually shows 17 out of 127 had 'No signs of mental health issues'. 48 out of 127 were undetermined.

The Buffalo shooter made a threat which was investigated by police. That should have been an instant red flag as to the suitability of the individual to legally purchase a firearm, whether or not it was elevated as a mental health issues.

At least read what I posted. You said '50% show zero signs at all' and i was pointing out that the graph actually shows 17 out of 127 had 'No signs of mental health issues'. 48 out of 127 were undetermined.

The Buffalo shooter made a threat which was investigated by police. That should have been an instant red flag as to the suitability of the individual to legally purchase a firearm, whether or not it was elevated as a mental health issues.

This is really simple. Either you've got prior signs of mental health issues, or you don't.

50% of the 127 did.

More guns will be the answer
I can't remember who it was who said 'arm the teachers', but that's possibly the dumbest take on school shootings.

In every subsequent school shooting the teacher will be the first one shot.

Arming teachers may lead to shooting events being ended sooner because a teacher from another classroom is able to stop the shooter, but not before a classroom full of kids plus their armed teacher are already dead.

Last edited:
Just can't my head around how a country can be so fucking backward regarding guns.
Just so sad that once again it's children who are paying the price.
There's lots that i love about the US but their love for guns is absolutely mental
Let's be honest, if the US was on another continent - say Africa or Asia - people in the West would see it as a totally 'backward' country full stop, between the endemic gun violence, apartheid/racism, domestic terrorism, wars, mass incarceration, death penalty, abortion debate, influence of fundamentalists, inequality and generally poor standard of policing. It's only because of bias and how good the US is at mythologizing itself that it's judged much more kindly.

This latest shooting will most likely see gun sales go up, between people who think the answer to bad guys with guns is more good guys with guns, and those who want to stock up in case the government cracks down. I think we will see a second US civil war before the gun nuts will give them up. And I say this as someone who has been to the US a good few times, has seen the good in it and has relatives who migrated there years ago.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.