Today's shooting in America thread

The time to do something was the first mass shooting. Australia had a mass shooting in Port Arthur and they said never again and cracked down on it. The UK had the Dunblane massacre and they said never again and cracked down on handgun ownership. The US has had countless and they decide an ancient piece of paper is worth more than their own citizens lives, their own fucking children.

The decision was made and you can’t put that genie back in its bottle. This will never stop over there. I couldn’t even imagine sending your kid to school and having to worry you’ll never see them again.
No doubt hundreds of years ago in England we all had a right in some kings statute to carry swords. I cant walk down a highstreet carrying a sword these days. Am I bothered, nope. Neither is anyone else. The good old US of A needs to join the modern world and outlaw guns.

I can't remember who it was who said 'arm the teachers', but that's possibly the dumbest take on school shootings.

In every subsequent school shooting the teacher will be the first one shot.

Arming teachers may lead to shooting events being ended sooner because a teacher from another classroom is able to stop the shooter, but not before a classroom full of kids plus their armed teacher are already dead.
I thought there were some states that armed the teachers already (maybe even a requirement of employment). I may be wrong on that.

The NRA idiots will have children too, I've no doubt that at some point there'll be cases of them sending their kids to school armed.

There have been 27 school shootings so far in 2022.

These loons still don't do anything.

Mental place.
We're not even at the end of the fifth month either, they're heading for around 65 incidents for the calendar year. That's just the school shootings, not malls or workplace shootings.

I would be shitting myself if I was teacher told to arm myself to protect the kids.. basically if there is a shooter the teacher is going down.

Once again children pay the price of abject cowardice of the political class. Shameful. I watched that piece of shit Cruz trying to justify doing nothing and felt sick to my stomach.
It's not cowardice it's calculated and deliberate. They get funded by the NRA and gun companies so they are in a position to stifle and hinder any attempt at gun control.

I would be shitting myself if I was teacher told to arm myself to protect the kids.. basically if there is a shooter the teacher is going down.
Not only does it make the teacher the prime target for any kid wishing to shoot up their school, but if the teacher were to evade getting shot there is a high risk that they could actually shoot more than one of their own pupils if/when returning fire.

The teacher is also at high risk of being shot by law enforcement should they enter the building during an active shooter incident. Law enforcement could also be at risk of being shot by a very nervous trigger happy teacher.

Not only does it make the teacher the prime target for any kid wishing to shoot up their school, but if the teacher were to evade getting shot there is a high risk that they could actually shoot more than one of their own pupils if/when returning fire.

The teacher is also at high risk of being shot by law enforcement should they enter the building during an active shooter incident. Law enforcement could also be at risk of being shot by a very nervous trigger happy teacher.
Yeah it’s a fucking mess , more of a mess if that’s even possible.

The republican religious right are America’s Taliban. Pro Life my arse. Utter scum of the earth.

They are on Fox this morning stating why are they sending $40bn to help Ukraine when we can use that money to protect our schools by having an armed guard at each one?

Any more inbred and they would be a sandwich, fucking cunts.

Funny how when you raise with pro-gun people that the US spends billions of dollars each year going after the cartels who produce and flood the country with drugs, but they can peddle the bullshit that it is not the guns which are the issue, but the people holding them...

Maybe they should arrest all the people who take drugs in the US?

Oh, wait...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.