Today's shooting in America thread

No, I’d take cover, locate his position and lay suppressing fire waiting for the police to arrive, who I’m assuming were present anyway. Pin him down and try let folk escape or take cover. He was at best 2 stories up. Not quite the book depository. If he wasn’t white you have to assume he’d have been shot dead by now.
Unless you have actually been under effective fire (rounds falling close to your position causing you to take cover) you have NO IDEA how you would react.

Where IS your normal mass shooting place? They just seem to be anywhere.

The fact 'normal' is in your post, or indeed my response, is a damning indictment of the place.

Edit: Almost on queue.....

Clearly a well regulated militia.

In an urban setting, often late at night, but those don’t get the coverage that mowing down old folks at a Parade on Independence Day does.

Last edited:
Indeed. Which is why carrying a gun should be banned but I’m white so I’ll be ok. I think folk in Texas go shopping carrying their AR-15s. That would make me very nervous seeing that.
Not so long ago, some researchers did an experiment. Two white guys, toting rifles, walked around in a city where open carry was permitted. No problem or challenge by police. Two black guys repeated the walk. They were face down in the dust surrounded by police in no time at all. Quelle surprise.

Not so long ago, some researchers did an experiment. Two white guys, toting rifles, walked around in a city where open carry was permitted. No problem or challenge by police. Two black guys repeated the walk. They were face down in the dust surrounded by police in no time at all. Quelle surprise.
There are quite a few clips on YouTube of similar. In fact, I think I might have posted one earlier in this thread. I've seen one clip where the white guy was an obnoxious tw@t throughout his encounter with law enforcement and the black guy was fully compliant, yet only one of them ended up on his knees with his hands up and it wasn't the white guy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.