Today's shooting in America thread

2a was written in 1791. At that point the US army was only a few years old but a growing power. It was not evenly distributed and was controlled by Washington. The 2a was clearly intended to allow individual states to form their own local military force in the event the federal government went rogue but also the fight with the British was rumbling on. It was basically a state level security policy relevant to the insecurity of that pre civil war era.
Yup.

A lot of people making serious money selling guns off the back of an antiquated law though.

Another one, 7 dead and the police saying 'disgruntled worker' rather than any kind of retaliation.

Not sure how America fixes this. Heavier laws on gun sales and ownership could cause a civil war based on some of the attitudes I've seen in some areas, but surely Biden has a duty to the American people and I think on the back of a tragedy is the only way it will happen.

BBC News - Half Moon Bay: Seven dead in second California shooting in days
We went to Half Moon Bay a couple of years ago when doing a tour of California on holiday. Just a lunch stop as it was a really quiet place and probably the last place you'd think there would be a mass shooting.

Yet another today. I wonder if it's time for America to consider that aside from failed states and those actually at war / civil war their record on mass shootings suggests the 2nd amendment may need a few tweaks?

Yet another today. I wonder if it's time for America to consider that aside from failed states and those actually at war / civil war their record on mass shootings suggests the 2nd amendment may need a few tweaks?
So they no longer need "A well regulated Militia"?

What constitutes a mass shooting? More than 2?
It depends on who you ask but it seems that 4 or more injured (not necessarily dead) excluding the shooter, is the accepted norm (if that's the right word to use).

641 mass shootings last year (648 perhaps?), 21 of which included 5 or more fatalities.

I'm not sure if this has been linked before but it's a damning story:-

2a was written in 1791. At that point the US army was only a few years old but a growing power. It was not evenly distributed and was controlled by Washington. The 2a was clearly intended to allow individual states to form their own local military force in the event the federal government went rogue but also the fight with the British was rumbling on. It was basically a state level security policy relevant to the insecurity of that pre civil war era.
And assault riffles weren't around back then.

What makes you think that this shooting is the one that will tip the discussion into making a change?
The NRA are like Liverpool fans. It's never their members fault.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.