Today's shooting in America thread

Oh dear what a shame, rinse and repeat, they reap what they sow, feel sorry for the innocent victims but arming everyone makes it safer doesn’t it!
With close to 400,000,000 guns in circulation amongst the general population (@1.2 guns per person) you'd think it would be the safest country in the world by some margin...

Maybe the NRA/gun lobby are lying???

It’s possible you may have missed the tone I was trying to impart . . .

Notoriety. How they will be remembered — actually not how, just that they WILL be remembered. Revenge. “They’ll realize how badly they treated me, the monster they turned me into.”

Yes there is that, although there are so many they just kind of merge into one. It's crazy because most end up dead themselves or incarcerated forever in Americas horrendous prison system. I'd definitely choose death to that option.

I fear you are correct, and that there is no meaningful solution to this problem, but the real problem for you as a society is that the senseless killing is going to get progressively worse to the point where all the things that make America such a great place to live will diminish to a point of insignificance. I can’t see any other pathway.

And if 2A is truly immutable, then I can see no possible long term outcome, if that tragic path is traveled, other than some States eventually seceding from the Union. Some people, in some States (on each coast) will eventually say ‘enough is enough’.

I must confess I find the evangelical and slavish adherence to 2A to be nothing short of bizarre. Its wording is plainly anachronistic and incongruous with modern legislature. It expressly mentions regulation and yet its fiercest acolytes are inimical to any associated meaningful regulation. It seems an utterly absurd thing to build your belief system around, but as you say it’s not going anywhere, and any moves to do so would be met with widespread and violent civil disobedience.

Sadly I think it will eventually be the downfall of US society, and there’s nothing anyone can do about it, other than watch in horror.
I'd hazard a guess that a large proportion of the biggest defenders of the 2A couldn't tell you what it actually says. They're not building their belief system around it, but rather around an idea they've created that doesn't exist outside their own heads.

Yes there is that, although there are so many they just kind of merge into one. It's crazy because most end up dead themselves or incarcerated forever in Americas horrendous prison system. I'd definitely choose death to that option.
They're nearly all religious as well though, I'd choose a pale imitation of hell over the real thing in that scenario.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.