Today's shooting in America thread

That’s fair comment, but equally there are many articulate Americans who do grasp the wording yet are still acolytes.
That's a different problem in it's own right, for a lot of those (at least the ones I've met) it's a mix of selfishness and outright sociopathy. Although many are just lethargic and disillusioned.

One thing that baffles me is why so many school shootings? Is it disgruntled pupils or ex pupils? Are they seen as an easy target? Or do these deranged individuals shoot up schools because they know killing children will hurt their neighbourhood the most?

It's because most of them are committed by school age kids or people who just left school.

Columbine - 2 students (17 & 18)
Santana High School - 15 year old student
Virginia Tech - Student
Red Lake - 16 y/o Student
Northern Illinois - Shooter had just dropped out.
Tucson - Student about to be kicked out
Parkland/Marjory Stoneman Douglas - 19 y/o who'd been expelled a year earlier
Roseburg - Student
Santa Fe - 17 year old Student

I think once it became a "thing", it becomes a copycat issue, and that's probably where the elementary school shootings come into it.

But it's not like this problem is restricted to schools, the nutjobs with guns shoot up nightclubs and churches and supermarkets just as often.

Last edited:
Its part of daily life over here now, I'm not fazed at all when I read about these mass shootings, I've become numb to them and the thoughts and prayers bollocks that inevitably follows.

Things will never change here, you simply have to hope you are never in the wrong place at the wrong time.

'Merica.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.