Today's shooting in America thread

Guns should be restricted to home defence and should be handguns or shotguns.

Long guns should be restricted, registered and permitted to those willing to subject themselves to the checks and costs associated with their ownership. This would create fury outside of urban areas, where long gun ownership and use is a birthright, with guns passed down for generations.

Owners of guns seen or used outside the home should be dealt with in the most severe way possible…zero leniency! Fill the jails with them and let the non-violent offenders do something useful in society, like cleaning road sides!

Just as it is here and it works well.

There’s an (IMO very strong) argument that one of the wealthiest countries in the world should be able to provide its workforce with better conditions and workplace safety than countries among the very poorest in the world where they recruit from.

Deaths should be much lower among workers of the same age in Qatar than in Kathmandu and Dhaka.

The same applies to the wages - yes Qatar pays them about $250 a month and that’s 3x what they make back home. But Qatar has countless billions, everyone else in the country has a much higher standard of living. If you want to get accepted by the west then pay workers like the west does.
I have no argument with that but the media portrayed it as it workers were falling off stadia a rate of hundreds a week, which wasn’t happening.

If you actually think about it for more than a few moments, the idea of a country being run according to some rules written by a bunch of white slave owning men from the 1700s is entirely batshit insane anyway.

As soon as you start amending it to make up for things like slavery being OK, or not letting women or non-land owners vote, you accept that it's not sacrosanct and should be rewritten to suit changing times - so then why is the 2A sacred?

Well there aren't any slave traders around anymore to fund organisations like the Federalist society or the NDA. It's bullshit that it is sacrosanct but people with small brains and small dicks are taken in by the rhetoric so they can have their freedum without ever thinking about safety considerations.

Originalism as advocated by Scalia is perverted logic, he was a truly deluded and sick man.

This is what I can’t comprehend. People seem to hold a piece of legislation as being more sacred than the lives of their own children.

I get it’s an almost immeasurably difficult task, however it really does all boil down to a simple question - do you value the right to keep and bear arms more than the right of children to not be murdered in their school.
Asked and answered by Americans for over 200 years!

The answer is really…

MY RIGHTS AND THE FREEDOM to own a gun are more important than YOUR child/wife/husband/mother/father/sister or brother.

7 guns, all bought legally, by a mentally unsound young person, without the parents in whose house the person lived. And, guns and ammo are not cheap, even in Nashville, TN!

It’s not MY answer, but that’s the mentality.

If you actually think about it for more than a few moments, the idea of a country being run according to some rules written by a bunch of white slave owning men from the 1700s is entirely batshit insane anyway.

As soon as you start amending it to make up for things like slavery being OK, or not letting women or non-land owners vote, you accept that it's not sacrosanct and should be rewritten to suit changing times - so then why is the 2A sacred?
It’s just fucking weird.

Is there anything than can realistically be done about this? I know nothing about guns and try to take into account America is a very different place but I don't understand how the country can watch these shootings happen over and over again and yet do nothing. If its a given that guns will never be banned outright then could you limit a family to one gun for protection I saw the Christmas picture of a family further back in the thread with four guns if your only concern is security then why are you posing in front of a Christmas tree like that with them. I know people say about more background checks which is good but you could have perfect mental health until you haven't and when you reach your breaking point you already have a huge collection of guns. I really try not to judge because every country has problems but this is madness and I really don't understand how Americans can let this continue. I don't mean to offend any Americans or gun owners but I genuinely don't understand its heartbreaking.

The U.S. Senate chaplain led prayers today quoting Edmund Burke, "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good people to do nothing."
You'd think Republicans would take the words of a wise conservative philosopher to heart.

Is there anything than can realistically be done about this? I know nothing about guns and try to take into account America is a very different place but I don't understand how the country can watch these shootings happen over and over again and yet do nothing. If its a given that guns will never be banned outright then could you limit a family to one gun for protection I saw the Christmas picture of a family further back in the thread with four guns if your only concern is security then why are you posing in front of a Christmas tree like that with them. I know people say about more background checks which is good but you could have perfect mental health until you haven't and when you reach your breaking point you already have a huge collection of guns. I really try not to judge because every country has problems but this is madness and I really don't understand how Americans can let this continue. I don't mean to offend any Americans or gun owners but I genuinely don't understand its heartbreaking.

This personifies where US is right now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.