Today's shooting in America thread

The terminology used in America when someone fires a gun at another.
They are called 'Shooters'.
Whatever happened to the term 'Gunman'?
Are they not allowed to associate shooting a bullet at someone, with the gun the bullet came from?
That country is so fucked I'm at a loss for words.
Batsman now called Batter .. Two woman at half time tonight talking about a man’s

game 1 white one not .. and thats Country’s fucked ..

I was watching it on CNN last night and they kept saying
"The shooter has been neutralized"
As you say, what happened to "the gunmen has been shot dead"?
They were quoting the FBI/Secret service language on TV. In fact, they even explain the fact that neutralized usual means dead.

FFS what?

I just don't take everything at face value that's all.

I'll ask you to explain how a guy can walk around at an ultra high security event with a rifle, covered or not, climb onto a roof and shoot at a person on a stage and not be apprehended or even questioned at any point.

How did he get to the building?
How did he get up onto the roof of the building carrying a rifle?
Was he carrying a ladder and a rifle?

With all the secret service deployed, both visual and undercover, plus police and all the supporters, how did this happen?

The guy was only 145m away fully exposed on a rooftop at a showground, not downtown New York. I'm led to believe the snipers above Trump immediately shot him, which would seem logical, because their line of sight would have been perfect, but what I can't understand is how he even got into position 'undetected' to start with. Were these snipers having a coffee break at the time?

Perhaps you have the answer to that?

The tedious conspiracy theorists will be out in force ad infinitum on this one, but there are a number of questions that demand answers, including how he got there and how he got a shot in. The fact he was killed so shortly after firing at Trump shows that he can’t have been obscured for every sniper there.

The problem with the human mind (in the context of conspiracy theories) is the pleasure it takes in theorising on matters over which it has scant or no evidence, in the pursuit of vindication. It’s the same reason we like to gamble, another pursuit which is frequently based on guesswork. The truth is, even if their theories are occasionally right, it’s usually not based on anything of merit; they’ve just picked the right number on a roulette wheel, but it doesn’t stop some folk from basing their entire being on being right about a particular theory, because it makes them feel wise, intelligent and more perceptive than others, when in actual fact they are just guessing, and occasionally being right, conspicuously forgetting all those times they were hopelessly wrong.

We all do it to sone extent or another btw, it’s just some take it to an absurd and dangerous level.

The tedious conspiracy theorists will be out in force ad infinitum on this one, but there are a number of questions that demand answers, including how he got there and how he got a shot in. The fact he was killed so shortly after firing at Trump shows that he can’t have been obscured for every sniper there.

The problem with the human mind (in the context of conspiracy theories) is the pleasure it takes in theorising on matters over which it has scant or no evidence, in the pursuit of vindication. It’s the same reason we like to gamble, another pursuit which is frequently based on guesswork. The truth is, even if their theories are occasionally right, it’s usually not based on anything of merit; they’ve just picked the right number on a roulette wheel, but it doesn’t stop some folk from basing their entire being on being right about a particular theory, because it makes them feel wise, intelligent and more perceptive than others, when in actual fact they are just guessing, and occasionally being right, conspicuously forgetting all those times they were hopelessly wrong.

We all do it to sone extent or another btw, it’s just some take it to an absurd and dangerous level.
It's easy to see why conspiracy theorists have got such a hard on for this whole saga.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.